PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: sprint

TEFKAB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone as modem

Can the HTC be used as a modum for internet connection on a laptop?

Is the data service subscription the same for phone use and laptop use?

I would like broadband access on the phone as well as on my laptop.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:20 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Phone as modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFKAB View Post
Can the HTC be used as a modum for internet connection on a laptop?
Yes it can.

Quote:
Is the data service subscription the same for phone use and laptop use?
The service is called Phone as Modem and it is $39.99 for the 40MB plan, $49.99 for the unlimited which on sale right now for $39.99 for unlimited usage.

Quote:
I would like broadband access on the phone as well as on my laptop.
Sprint is planning to cap this usage to 5GB per month, and there is a program called PDANet that prevents sprint from seeing that you are tethered. I tether for my high speed connection so I use it heavily and use on average 5 - 7 GB monthly now. And while they can, I do not know of anyone that tethers normally and had sprint tack on a Phone-as-Modem plan.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

black_mamba is just getting started

This has been answered many times before, searching is usually the fastest way to find an answer. That being said, yes you can tether and you do not need PDAnet to do so. WinMo comes with an Internet Conn Sharing program as part of it's OS. You will need to delete a reg entry to prevent Sprint from seeing you do so, though. I haven't been following the thread about the cap, but I thought it was just an unconfirmed rumor. I have been tethering since I got mine last Nov and had been avg 6-8 GB/mo until I recently got my home internet back up.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung i760
Carrier: verizon

slyaii is a n00b

use this version and do not get any other cuz it's no longer free. i used this on my plan and my bill stayed the same. have fun with it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PdaNet1.14.zip (560.4 KB, 92 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:37 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

was it ever free?
Old 05-31-2008, 04:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

I paid $29.95 for my version of pdanet. Version 1.8
Old 05-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279

I've been tethering for weeks, right now matter fact, using simply internet sharing and I haven't been charged for it. I'm running one of OMJ's custom roms if it helps
Old 06-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HERO and now htc evo.

mhtese is a n00b

I'm trying to use pdanet , but it keep saying for me to connect the device. Its connected but no luck on trying to connect to the internet. Is there a step by step on doing this?
Old 06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

marchande is just getting started

last I checked pda net was never free.. also.. 1.4 doesnt work on the mogul.. 1.8 will work flawlessly.. ive been using pda net since the days when I had a treo 650 and it worked great back then.. ... as for getting pda net to work.. you plug it in.. and right click on the pda net icon on your desktop.. and click on connect.. and done.. thats it.. your connected... or you can set the options to always connect when you attach your phone.. (not really recomended) there are a few enhancements that you can turn on... personally I have gotten better bandwidth.. and better stability with the 3g enhancements turned on... (any one have diferent results? )

hope that helps you out.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue