PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BlindRacer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this the right phone for me?

I have verizon and it's time for me to get a new phone (and I have to stay with verizon). I've never had a PPC, and I've not really needed it, but I'd like to get something a little more capable than my first generation chocolate (which I don't even use for music).

I'm not planning on getting internet access for the phone. I don't even know how that works. If I didn't get the access, then would I still be able to use the internet on it through my wireless router at home for free?

It seems like this HTC touch might be the best phone offered from verizon right now. Is it worth it? What type of things can be done on it? With and without the internet?

I've also heard of the LG Dare coming out soon. I don't think that's a PPC, but is that a phone that could be worth getting? I'm really new to this higher tech phone stuff, but I'd really like to get something really nice this next time around. I'm I able to use this phone without a data plan (what is that?). Or could I use it with my normal plan?

Thanks for all the answers to my stupid questions, but I've been reading though a bunch of the posts and i'm so confussed about all the terminology, like rom's and kitchens, and flashes, and whatever.

And can you believe I'm only 25? Sounds like I'm 50 with how out of it I am.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Is this the right phone for me?

it will be unbelievable to you how much you can do with this phone. no you will not be able to use the internet at you house with this phone because it does not have what it needs for wifi. to me it has been the phone i have ever used but every user has different requirements. it all depends on what you want.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

It sounds like it would be great, but what could be done to it/customized/added if I did not of the internet on it? Would I be able to hook it up to my computer and transfer things?

Does this phone require the data plan when you buy it?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post
It sounds like it would be great, but what could be done to it/customized/added if I did not of the internet on it? Would I be able to hook it up to my computer and transfer things?

You use your included USB Data cable.

-CC
Old 05-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

up2detime is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
You use your included USB Data cable.

-CC
lol that doesnt answer any of the mans questions
Old 05-30-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So with this data cable, you can transfer downloaded things to the phone, from your computer? Then you can upgrade the phone that way?

Is there a sticky on terminology, or is that something that's just picked up?
Is there also a good thread on what types of things this phone can do?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Lurker

up2detime is a n00b

Quote:
I have verizon and it's time for me to get a new phone (and I have to stay with verizon). I've never had a PPC, and I've not really needed it, but I'd like to get something a little more capable than my first generation chocolate (which I don't even use for music).

I'm not planning on getting internet access for the phone. I don't even know how that works. If I didn't get the access, then would I still be able to use the internet on it through my wireless router at home for free? Answered see above

It seems like this HTC touch might be the best phone offered from verizon right now. Is it worth it? Yes What type of things can be done on it? Everything you can think of, thats why its the best. With and without the internet? without the internet the phone can still play music take nice pics imo, play many games. You can get a lot of things by downloading them to your home computer then transeferring them to your phone thru the usb cable

I've also heard of the LG Dare coming out soon. I don't think that's a PPC, but is that a phone that could be worth getting? dont know anything about the Dare. I'm really new to this higher tech phone stuff, but I'd really like to get something really nice this next time around. I'm I able to use this phone without a data plan (what is that?). A data plan is an internet plan. it allows u to use sprints internet service without extra charges. Or could I use it with my normal plan? you can use the internet with your normal plan but you would charged excessively.

Thanks for all the answers to my stupid questions, but I've been reading though a bunch of the posts and i'm so confussed about all the terminology, like rom's and kitchens, and flashes, and whatever.

And can you believe I'm only 25? Sounds like I'm 50 with how out of it I am.
it is a lot of reading on this site but the information is invaluable. so keep on reading and google the terms your not familiar with.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:

yes you can transfer things via the usb cable that comes with it. i dont believe it requires a data plan but i think you might have so more fun with it if you did.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Lurker

up2detime is a n00b

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. So with this data cable, you can transfer downloaded things to the phone, from your computer? Then you can upgrade the phone that way?

Is there a sticky on terminology, or is that something that's just picked up?
Is there also a good thread on what types of things this phone can do?
there not just a thread, theres a whole forum on the phone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

i dont think there is a terminolgy sticky.
google is your best friend
Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BlindRacer is a n00b

Does anyone know how much the data plan would cost with verizon? Is it a separate package that's added on, or would I have to change my existing plan? (I'm on a family share plan with my wife, and have cheap unlimited text/picture messaging for $5 dollars, cause we locked it in about 6 or 7 years ago)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue