PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Reliance

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone freezes in standby mode after using Cokeman unlocker

I have this weird problem. My Sprint Touch is running on the 2.13 radio and I had wanted to upgrade to the 3.37 Sprint radio. So following the steps for the upgrade, I first used the Cokeman's Vogue unlocker MFG 2.31 to unlock it. I am getting the SPL 2.31 Coke displayed when I boot up after holding down the power and camera button so I guess I have unlocked the phone correctly.
The problem is, I haven't upgraded the radio to 3.37 as I thought I would do it a little later, but what is happening now is that the phone works perfectly fine when it is in active mode, and is able to make and receive calls, but the moment the phone goes off into standby mode when I leave it idle, then I am unable to get it back to active status unless I do a soft reset. When it is in that condition, incoming calls aren't picked up by the phone either though at the other end of the line the caller is able to make a connection and doesn't show my phone as being off line.
I have tried re flashing back to the OEM 2.13 Sprint ROM but the problem persists.
Could some one help me fix this please?
Thank you.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Phone freezes in standby mode after using Cokeman unlocker

I beleive that the Unlocker2.31 only works on the 3.37.xx radio's...

Old 05-24-2008, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Umm are you sure? I thought the 2.31 unlockers could be used for the 2.13 radio too. If not, is there a way to downgrade from SPL2.31 Coke to original locked status?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

dumb4ever is just getting started

Please read sir, it's on sticky. most of the issue has been discussed many many times and repeated many times.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

I did read up the two relevant threads pertaining to unbricking and downgrading, but those threads touch more on the bootloader freeze aspect than the problem of the phone refusing to come out of its sleep mode, which, is the problem I face. If you could kindly point me to a thread that addresses this particular problem I'd be most grateful. Thank you.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:01 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

2.31 is for 3.xx GPS radios only....u need to downgrade back to 0.40. This may not be the reason your phone is freezing during standby, but nevertheless you should be using 0.40 if you're using a non-GPS rom.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370
Old 05-24-2008, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Thank you O1d_Man_Jenkins.
From the device information I could garner on my Touch this is what I have:
rom version 1.12.651.1
rom date 9/18/07
radio vers 2.13.00
I havent loaded any custom Roms onto my Touch, and its still on the OEM Sprint ROM, I had only used the 2.31 unlocker and nothing else was done, after which, the freezing bug began. So I was under the impression that the unlocker is what could be making the phone freeze up. Any suggestions please?
Old 05-24-2008, 07:59 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

very possible the freezing issue may be due to the unlocker, or it could be a incompatibility with a program you've added....this is nothing new, it's been an issue for some time on many different roms.

bottom line, unless you plan on flashing the leaked sprint rom, you need to run the 0.40 unlocker.....you will still be unlocked, until you flash the stock 6.0 shipped rom, as it will re-lock your phone.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Etrnlwanderer is a n00b

Not a single program has been added on the phone, other than the aforementioned unlocker. Since my bootloader now shows SPL 2.31 Coke, would unlocking with the 0.40 unlocker work on it?
If so, do I straight away run the 0.40 unlocker on my phone in its present condition? I forgot to mention that I had used an 8GBSDHC when I ran the 2.31 unlocker, but now I've swapped back to a FAT32 512 card.
Thanks once again O1d_Man_Jenkins.

If I do manage to get the bug fixed with the 0.40 unlocker, would I be able to upgrade to leaked sprint rom to enable gps?

Last edited by Etrnlwanderer; 05-24-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Not a single program has been added on the phone, other than the aforementioned unlocker. Since my bootloader now shows SPL 2.31 Coke, would unlocking with the 0.40 unlocker work on it?
If so, do I straight away run the 0.40 unlocker on my phone in its present condition? I forgot to mention that I had used an 8GBSDHC when I ran the 2.31 unlocker, but now I've swapped back to a FAT32 512 card.
Thanks once again O1d_Man_Jenkins.

If I do manage to get the bug fixed with the 0.40 unlocker, would I be able to upgrade to leaked sprint rom to enable gps?
running the 0.40 unlocker is the same procedure as the 2.31, boot up phone, connect to pc & let activesync sync, then run the 0.40 unlocker....now if you want it re-locked & get back to stock, you will need to flash the stock 6.0 shipped rom.

the unlocker allows you to flash custom roms. you should still be able to flash the leaked rom. I believe if you go to the 0.40 unlocker, then flash the leaked rom, your SPL will be upgraded, and re-locked......but I'm not 100% sure.

If you plan on flashing the leaked rom, dont bother w/ 0.40, just flash the leaked rom & be done.

Last edited by OMJ; 05-24-2008 at 11:31 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue