PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

exi is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Home Plugin: Email button no longer linked to email inbox.

This is a common problem, best I can tell from my attempts at Google witchery to find a solution.

When pressing the left-most (email) button on my Touch, I am taken to the text messages inbox in the same way that pressing the text message button on the home screen would take me there.

Has anyone got a fix for this? It was not always like that, but I don't remember what it was that I did - if anything - right before this started happening.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Home Plugin: Email button no longer linked to email inbox.

uninstall and reinstall the current version. Ive got the latest Home running and its going to the correct accounts. Ill post the version im using in a second. (at work trying to sell a phone!)

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM
exi
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

exi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
uninstall and reinstall the current version. Ive got the latest Home running and its going to the correct accounts. Ill post the version im using in a second. (at work trying to sell a phone!)

Just tried this; doesn't seem to have fixed things.

I downloaded v2.1 from here.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

Joeface is just getting started

Waiting for a better answer than mine, but I had to hard reset to get mine back.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i have the same problem, i tried to look for a solution but no go, only i'm pretty sure to get it to work is by cracking the tmail application. the txt and email icons are tied to that program and it's hardcoded somewhere in there ..

i'm ripping htc home plugin apart to look for a fix because it's obvious the HTC home plugin creator doesn't seem to care to fix the issue and this has probably been posted 1000 times.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

SprintTouch01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by exi View Post
This is a common problem, best I can tell from my attempts at Google witchery to find a solution.

When pressing the left-most (email) button on my Touch, I am taken to the text messages inbox in the same way that pressing the text message button on the home screen would take me there.

Has anyone got a fix for this? It was not always like that, but I don't remember what it was that I did - if anything - right before this started happening.

Thanks.
hmmmm.... i must be missing something because i have the same issue......but have found a simple fix.

so, you go to open your email by selecting the icon on the left for your email.... from the htc home screen.....

but it takes you to .....text messaging inbox.....

when this happens, i slide to the left or right (which ever gets you there) from the text message inbox so that my email inbox is shown.....now close out of the email inbox and (i have the option selected in windows that when i hit the x, it closes the program, not leave it running)

now try reopening the email inbox (using that same icon from htc home)........
this has worked for me. for me at least it seems windows will tie the icon you selected to showing it in its last state....ie if by accident opened your email inbox by the email icon, but slide it to the text inbox before closing, next time you used that icon, it would take you to where you last were.....ie the text inbox vs email.

so i have a nasty habbit of opening email....sliding the screen left or right to go to my text inbox,,,,i just have to rember to slide back prior to closing out the inbox

hope this works for you.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^^^

it goes back to the last messaging app that was used. if open email, close email and click the email icon then email opens fine.. but if i open email, close email then open text message the next time i click the email icon text messaging opens and not email.

thats the problem most are facing.. creating an inbox, deleting it, or whatever doesn't seem to work which is a "fix" that was posted at the htc home plugin website.. doesn't work however on wm 6.1.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue