PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pim Backup...Windows OS to Palm Os

I am a Sprint Rep who deals with this site on a daily basis. All the threads have been a huge help to me. I am no where near as knowledgable as many of you on here but in the area for which I live and work I seem to be the Treo and PPC expert. Well today I came across something I have been trying to avoid for a while but now I am face to face with this dilema. I'm not sure if any of you have walked into a sprint store and had them tell you sorry we can't do anything with your contacts and you are forced to write them all down. Well I came up with the solution for my PPC customers. I downloaded PIM Backup onto our computer in the back and everyone who leaves with a window based device I encourage them to let me show them the program and show them how they never have to worry about losing their contacts again. Well today I had someone go from a Touch (I bluetoothed all his contacts to this phone from a Sanyo which you can send all the contacts at once) to a Centro. Unfortunately the customer erased the Sanyo's contacts. So the reps sent him back to me today saying I would be the only one to figure out how to do his contacts. I changed them to a Q where he wouldn't have to search each time he sent a contact via Bluetooth but my question is.....Is there any programs out there that anyone knows of that will convert the pim backup from the windows format to one that can be read with a Palm OS? I have looked up everything and I can't find an easy solution for my customers. This issue will rarely ever arise but I would like to be prepared for the next go round. Please if anyone knows a solution then please inform me of how to do this. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: Pim Backup...Windows OS to Palm Os

Microsoft Outlook.

Sync the Palm device with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop.

If you then sync a WM device, all the contacts will transfer over, as well as tasks, notes, and calendar events.

And vice-versa. Sync the WM device with Outlook, then sync the Palm with Outlook. All the info will transfer.

All WM devices come with a 30 day trial of Outlook, and I think Palm devices might as well.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Threadstarter

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

I tried that and unfortunately it wouldn't sync the numbers over. I tried everything I could think of with outlook and it would not sync anything other than tasks I believe. I really appreciate the advice though. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Make sure in the ActiveSync settings you choose for the device to sync with Outlook and not Palm Desktop. Also, make sure you have the Outlook 2007 Update if you are using Outlook 2007.

Switching between Palm Desktop and Outlook for sync: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=obj(25263)

Outlook 2007 compatibility update: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...Case=Obj(43867)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue