PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PsychoX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wierd sprint problem

On the 12th of feb, I finally got my touch, and did an esn swap onto my account. around the 26th the touch started acting funny, it would only roam (i checked the settings...) i put it on the sprint only setting, and still nothing.... so after calling sprint they thought it was a problem with the phone so I did an insurance claim (got the phone from ebay...) and in the mean time they swapped me back to my fusic. for about an hour it was getting full bars for service, and then it did the exact same thing that my touch did, would only roam and would get at most 2 bars of service.

These are the things of which I have tried so far - hard and soft resets on both phones, verified the esn/msl/mdn/msid on both phones, tried roaming only settings, sprint only, automatic settings. I have made 4 calls to sprint technical support, and called 3 sprint reps. (I work for radioshack) one of the reps called his boss, and she said that she couldn't make any changes to the account because the phone is still in the process of upgrading from the touch to the fusic (this was today, the swap was done on the 28th, god i hope that it doesnt take that long for an upgrade to go through...), well, I called sprint yet again, and they had me repeat the steps taken previously, and still very little service.

The really weird thing is that we have a sprint repeater in the radioshack store of which I work, and the closer that I get to it, the more signal that I lose, I.E. 20 feet away I can get 2 bars, and 2 feet away, I get nothing... The rest of the associates that have sprint get between 4-5 bars in the store... There aren't any outages for towers in my area... I am getting really frustrated... I can't even access powervision, send texts or browse the internet on either phone...

Ok, my question for you sprint Gurus, Have any of you had a similar problem, or know a possible resolution? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! Or is there anyone from sprint of which I can contact that is competent enough to solve my problem?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Re: wierd sprint problem

Even after 6 years in retail this is the first I have ever heard of this. Have you tried any other phones on their? It is possible you went somewhere with both phones that had excessive radiation the fried their internal radios??? The fusic is done upgrading it was probably just an excuse to not deal with it. I would wait for the Touch replacement and see if that fixes the problem. I know if you put a phone in a microwave even for small amount of time that it messes up the internal antenna's. I just wonder if you got too close to something that fried them. If you have another really old phone try that. Also see if a friend can try the fusic on his line, but lack of service shouldn't be a provisioning error. It should show signal and not connect. If the touch is still not working post back and I can go ask some engineers.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

PsychoX is a n00b

if they would have been fried then, they would not work at all, correct? both phones can make calls if you say your prayers correctly the night before, and find "the sweet spot" I think it is a problem with my account, obviously not due to payment (they wouldnt allow me to do the esn swap in that case) ...
Old 03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Lab Rat

It may not have completely fried the antenna. I remember that you had to put it in for at least 3-5 seconds to make it actually completely disable the device. Don't ask how I know this.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:00 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

PsychoX is a n00b
Smile Re: wierd sprint problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
It may not have completely fried the antenna. I remember that you had to put it in for at least 3-5 seconds to make it actually completely disable the device. Don't ask how I know this.
experimentation eh? don't worry i wouln't tell sprint! i think this could be a wierd error with their system... I am actually getting 2 moguls in, I emailed corporate about this problem, and did not get a response for 2 days, so i called the insurance number, and apparently both are sending me a new phone (both are sending me moguls, cause i dont wanna nother touch...) ... so if none of them work, i'm gonna call sprint, and say (here's a good joke for you, what do 2 moguls, 1 touch, and a fusic have in common? THEY DON'T ******G WORK ON MY ACCOUNT!) I hate to go irate, because I understand the fact that I am mad at sprint, and not at the poor person representing sprint... But I have never wanted to do "Hamma Time" with any other expensive phone as much as I have wanted to do with this touch and fusic...
Old 03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Lab Rat

Hopefully the moguls should work, I cannot think of anything system side that would prevent a phone from seeing the network. Even un activated phones can see the network. If it was seeing a signal and not being able to transmit then I could see there being a problem, but this is nothing that should be a network problem. Again if the moguls don't work PM me or post back and I can wander into engineering and ask.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

PsychoX is a n00b

good news, the problem was with the touch! When I went into the sprint store to do an insurance claim on it, the rep forgot to turn the touch off when he did the esn swap, so the fusic never programmed correctly, but when I received my replacement (actually I got a mogul ) yesterday and did the swap, everything is working well! Thanks for your help guys! as always you guys rule!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Lab Rat

Just a side note, Tech support can re push the provisioning if after 4 hours the phone is not working. This usually solves those issues.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Touch/ BlackBerry Pearl

comptech2002 is a n00b

Or you dont need to have them do that...just tell em to go to ESM and change the esn number manuelly...i know i use to do it all the time myself when i worked at sprint
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it was the way the phone was activated. Like he said the fusic wasnt programmed right, but it was account SOC code (if you work retail cellular youll know what a SOC code is.) It just wasnt taken care of until the Mogul was activated. It wasnt the phones just the way Sprint activated it
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue