PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

sbessel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a way to kill the blinking lights?

Does anyone know of a method to kill the blinking lights? I come from the Treo 700wx world and I got quite used to not having the blinking lights, and I used them for alerts only, (which was very helpful) and now I find them very distracting and completely useless.

Green, blue, green, blue…. Arrrghhh….

Thanks!

Scott
Old 12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

ww3kc is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to ww3kc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbessel View Post
Does anyone know of a method to kill the blinking lights? I come from the Treo 700wx world and I got quite used to not having the blinking lights, and I used them for alerts only, (which was very helpful) and now I find them very distracting and completely useless.

Green, blue, green, blue…. Arrrghhh….

Thanks!

Scott
The blue won't blink if you turn off your Bluetooth. I don't think there is a way to turn off the blinking green light.....but it's nice for the holidays!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Keyone is just getting started
I don't know who the author is, but LED Killer is great. I don't think it stops the blue though, which is best IMO. I want to know if I forgot to turn off bluetooth.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LED Killer v3.1.zip (91.3 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

sbessel is a n00b
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww3kc View Post
The blue won't blink if you turn off your Bluetooth. I don't think there is a way to turn off the blinking green light.....but it's nice for the holidays!
I can't kill my Bluetooth, I use it way too much, between my car, my hotsync, my headset and my xlink gateway for home I use my bluetooth on my phone ~80% of it's on time, so I *never* turn off my Bluetooth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyone View Post
I don't know who the author is, but LED Killer is great. I don't think it stops the blue though, which is best IMO. I want to know if I forgot to turn off bluetooth.
Thanks I will give that a try, hopefully it will just kill the 'stock' signal blink and not my alerts. I will let you know what it does to the 'blue'

My other option was to request this as a feature for PhoneAlarm, the author seems pretty receptive, and make a great product.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbessel View Post
I can't kill my Bluetooth, I use it way too much, between my car, my hotsync, my headset and my xlink gateway for home I use my bluetooth on my phone ~80% of it's on time, so I *never* turn off my Bluetooth!

Thanks I will give that a try, hopefully it will just kill the 'stock' signal blink and not my alerts. I will let you know what it does to the 'blue'

My other option was to request this as a feature for PhoneAlarm, the author seems pretty receptive, and make a great product.

Thanks,

Scott
It leaves the bluetooth light alone and it's nice to just have the alert blink when you have an alert....

Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
If you do this registry edit, it turns off all led's except the charging led.

Unfortunately it will also disable vibrate, which in my case I don't care about so it doesn't matter.

HKLM/drivers/builtin/allledmgr/ "dword:index" Value should be 1 for LEDs and vibration on Value 0 turns them off.

I hate those blinking lights, that's the first hack I do.

If you don't know how to do registry edits or just want a fast way to enable/disable hacks, download the Famous TrianglePowers PPC-6800 Hacks.
Everything works for the Touch also, it's a great little program that does a bunch of different reg hacks by just checking and unchecking a box.

You have to register, but it's well worth it, these guys are Great, they have some other good stuff too. Check it out.

http://www.trianglepowers.com/PPC/ViewApp.aspx?ID=54
Old 12-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I don't like the problems with disabling the LED blinking.

Besides, the blinking LED is behind the ear speaker grill, it's much more subtle than other Pocket PC's.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

skyheli is a n00b
Comming from the Mogul. These lights are nothing..... The mogul lit the whole room up when the room was dark.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

kronium is a n00b
Agreed, the Mogul lights were a major distraction and I used LED Killer. The Touch lights hidden behind the ear piece grill is kinda cool actually. No LED Killer for my touch.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Lurker

Dim-Ize is a n00b
I think I may check this program out.

Here is what I would like to have my Sprint Touch to do:
- No blinking green light for signal. Ever.
- Blinking blue for BlueTooth when enabled.
- Solid Red (orange?) for voicemail.
- Solid Green or fast blinking (not the speed of the 3 second default connection green) for SMS & appointment reminder.

That way, I can leave my Touch on vibrate or silent - and glance at it to quickly know if I have something that needs attention.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue