PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc touch
Carrier: sprint

stephonjackson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to stephonjackson
Cool Cricket network flashing not in midwest

i have a flashed vogue to cricket but they say sumthing bout tri band and i cant use it
Old 01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Cricket network flashing not in midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephonjackson View Post
i have a flashed vogue to cricket but they say sumthing bout tri band and i cant use it
Yup sound like you are in a Triband market that is covered by the AWS frequency. Cricket TriBand phones operate on frequencies CDMA 800/1900 MHz and AWS. The Vogue and all other HTC PPCs operate on dual band CDMA 800/1900 MHz. That is why cricket will not activate it. There are other ways around it but you would need to know how to modify PRLs and start service in an area that was covered by crickets CDMA coverage.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stephonjackson is a n00b

do u know how to do the prl to the rite one for activation
Old 01-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephonjackson
do u know how to do the prl to the rite one for activation
I have never done it. but if you do a search on howards forums for cricket aws prl solution you should find it.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

stephonjackson is a n00b

couldd u tell me more ima noob
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I have never done it. but if you do a search on howards forums for cricket aws prl solution you should find it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephonjackson View Post
couldd u tell me more ima noob
As I mentioned I have never done it not had the need. But if you go here http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574753 and read the entire thread it explains the concept and has been verified to work. Things that you must know is that you must activate a number in a native cricket coverage area and you must have the cricket coverage to *228. Also note that technically modifying a PRL in this fassion for this reason could be illegal and theft of services.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Tags
cricket, flash