PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

lhall is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
running unsigned apps

Hi i just downloaded the android cab, and have it stored on my storage card, and im trying to run it, and it says "the file haret cannot opened. either it is not signed with a trusted document or one of its components can not be found. If the problem persists try reinstalling or restoring this file.

Im lost and have been trying to get this stupid thing to run for about a week now and its really starting to drive me absolutely nuts. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: running unsigned apps

I suggest you read and learn about how to run android on the vogue.
There is a lot of development over on xda-developers for android on the vogue so you can probably find the most updated builds of android and lots of info in the Vogue section over there. Here is a thread on this site with some good info. Maybe a good place to start. Check it out:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79798
Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lhall is a n00b

man, I have researched and read everything on both this website and xda, and still cant figure it out! Thankyou for the help though.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhall View Post
man, I have researched and read everything on both this website and xda, and still cant figure it out! Thankyou for the help though.
One other thought. Some developers will include or tell users that in order to run their software users will have to install certificate updates for their device to allow the software permission to run/install . I would contact the developer of that software you have there and ask or do a search for that specific version/build you have to see if you need to install something like certificates or permissions to run it.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lhall is a n00b

Ok that makes sense. I have the adroid cab that was linked on this website. AlsoI dont know if you could help me with this or not, but when I try to boot it directly from haret, It usually ends up timing out, and the linux bootloader says "waiting for sd card"
Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ok that makes sense. I have the adroid cab that was linked on this website. AlsoI dont know if you could help me with this or not, but when I try to boot it directly from haret, It usually ends up timing out, and the linux bootloader says "waiting for sd card"
There's no such thing as an android cab as far as I know. Android needs a set of specific files in order to run from haret through windows mobile. GO over to the xda forum and look in the vogue section. There are tutorials for everything that involves running android on your vogue.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

lhall is a n00b

There is a link there to a cabinet file for android. www . myhtcphone .com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Big Red VZW

Reddog80p is keeping up the good workReddog80p is keeping up the good work

Quote:
There is a link there to a cabinet file for android. www . myhtcphone .com
I see what your saying but I've never heard of it and been running android on my vogue for a few months now. All the latest and greatest android stuff is found at xda.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:05 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

lhall is a n00b

haha well at any rate I cant get it to run either way. When I try to do it through haret, It starts booting up, and then the linux bootloader says something then it just says waiting for SD card a bunch of times, and ends up just timing out. Im completely lost. Ive researched it and have come up with nothing. Ive even tried booting it off my main memory and it says the same thing. Its extremely frustrating!!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6900 vz touch nfsfan 6.5 v13
Carrier: verizon

jamezelle is just getting started

Quote:
haha well at any rate I cant get it to run either way. When I try to do it through haret, It starts booting up, and then the linux bootloader says something then it just says waiting for SD card a bunch of times, and ends up just timing out. Im completely lost. Ive researched it and have come up with nothing. Ive even tried booting it off my main memory and it says the same thing. Its extremely frustrating!!
well you have to have the sdcard in thats why it says waiting for sdcard

if you do have it inserted then that sdcard is incompatible with android and you will have to try a different one
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue