PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

RACEMONEY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help!! Problem with my HTC TOUCH 6900 (SPRINT)

I need HELP!!!!

I saved my pim.vol and finally caved in and upgraded to WM 6.1 after months of fighting the dreaded "not able to access my contacts list" & the dual error messages upon startup "push client not signed or missing" and "mail watcher not signed or missing"

The phone now works perfectly.....

BUT!!!!

After reading many online suggestions I saved my pim.vol file to my storage card before I upgraded my OS. I have tried renaming the original pim and bringing in my saved pim.vol and soft resetting immediately afterward just like all the threads have said would work.

Every time I do this I get an error when it comes back on, It says "there has been a problem with the file cprog.exe" and wants me to send the problem info to Microsoft.

During this condition the radio is blown out and the phone displays "No service" and will not bring up any phone function screens at all.

I am at my wits end!!!!

I need my 300 or so contacts back!!!!

I'm dead inside with out them!!!!

LOL....

Please help!!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Please help!! Problem with my HTC TOUCH 6900 (SPRINT)

When you say you updated your rom, Are you talking about an official upgrade, or is your phone unlocked and you flashed a custom rom? Does a hard reset fix the issue?

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Threadstarter

RACEMONEY is a n00b

It was an official WM6.1 upgrade file downloaded from the Sprint.com website.

Yes, A hard reset will bring the phone back to working order but as soon as I rename the pim.vol file and replace it with my old one and do a soft reset the phone boots back up in non-working form.

Another hard reset and it works again.....

I have to have these contacts.....

My old version of 6.0 would never connect to my lousy Vista PC so I was never able to back up my old contacts.....

My lively hood depends on getting these contacts back.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMONEY View Post
It was an official WM6.1 upgrade file downloaded from the Sprint.com website.

Yes, A hard reset will bring the phone back to working order but as soon as I rename the pim.vol file and replace it with my old one and do a soft reset the phone boots back up in non-working form.

Another hard reset and it works again.....

I have to have these contacts.....

My old version of 6.0 would never connect to my lousy Vista PC so I was never able to back up my old contacts.....

My lively hood depends on getting these contacts back.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEMONEY View Post
Well.....

Seeing as I didn't do that.....

Do you have any suggestions for recovering my mistake??

Do you have a way to get me back to WM 6.0 so I can try and see if my old pim will work on that OS???

Just wondering..........
What's up with the highjacking that other thread?

Anyway Yes you should always use a backup program it's the easiest way to get them back. I'm a little confused as to how you backed them up to a PIM.VOL what format is that in? You say that your radio is blown and your phone will not operate. This is due to a conflict.
Now for recovery I would say try the following
1. Open up your FILE EXPLORER
2. Go to root directory of your device
3. Rename current PIM.VOL to something else like pim1.vol, pimold.vol or anything else
4. Copy the backup PIM.VOL that you already have in from SD card to the root directory
5. Wait for 60 sec. and then perform a soft reset
If you've already tried that then you can also try to one of these many suggestion from here.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: low tech vzw

imdarkside is becoming a great contributor

Your radio problem should not have anything to do with your backup. For pim backup you should have the backup volume on your sd card. Fire up pim (go to your programs to fire it up), under action hit restore and browse for the backup volume on the sd card select it then hit next, it will automatically restore whatever you had in the backup file (when you backed up to pim you selected what to backup). Careful tho it will restore your calendar, contacts etc. I think you can select what to restore in the submenus. If that dont restore your contacts then your backup file does not contain the contacts. If you have another backup file (volume) maybe allittle older? then try restore with that one.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

You really shouldn't take over another person's thread. I didn't know you started your own so I responded to the other one. This is what I said:

The crudest method that will work but will also be tedious would be to save pim.vol to your PC and open it with notepad. You'll only see a bunch of messy text that makes no sense. Search through the file for any names that you remember by using the Ctrl+F (Find) method.

An idea I also had off the top of my head would be to download the Windows Mobile 6.0 SDK and load the pim.vol into the WM6 emulator. This would save you from having to downgrade your phone, but I'm not claiming it would be any easier, especially if you've never used an SDK before.

By doing that, you would have a virtual phone on your computer, which is running windows mobile 6 with your pim.vol on it. At that point you could back up your data using PIMbackup or some other software from the virtual phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue