PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ProvXML Reference for Developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikledw View Post
alright ya i use oemizer and it created a dsm file which is not blank but my only file is that provxml so its it ok for me to clear it?
Yep ... open it up in a text editor, select everything, delete and save the file.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

mikledw is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Yep ... open it up in a text editor, select everything, delete and save the file.

Best regards,
-boggsie
i tried that and i got it to cook properly but the only thing it does is creates the folders for the shortcuts to go into but moves no shortcuts
Old 04-05-2010, 11:36 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikledw View Post
i tried that and i got it to cook properly but the only thing it does is creates the folders for the shortcuts to go into but moves no shortcuts
Doesn't surprise me ... this is very, very difficult to get working.

In the end, to get it to process, I broke the provxml into sections and ran each section as a cab file or, if you have the tool in your rom, you can apply provxml via Advanced Configuration.

Frankly, this isn't worth the effort. Go over to xda and read through the mortscript thread(s) and look at the examples compilation. You might invest two or three hours trying to track down the offending provxml in your current file, and that solution will be good until you change just one thing in your ROM folder structure. On the other hand, with the if/then structure available in mortscript, if in the furutre the source location of a shortcut changes, that one single call in the script will fail and everything else will execute as you expect. Then you don't change the existing (non-executing) mortscript call, you just add a new section to account for the change.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development