PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

joshie0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW official Sprint ROM posted on XDA-dev by DCD

I have been trying to install the update, but keep getting the error:

ERROR [328]: Invalid Command

This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA phone. Please check your update utility.

I am currently using the leaked Sprint ROM. I've tried re-downloading and re-installing several times. Can anyone help?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can't seem to flash

OK I get to the village idiot today. I'm not sure why I can't update my firmware, if I need to lock or unlock my device or what.

I start the firmware update.
I get the rainbow screen
activesync dissappears
About 1 minute I get a message - congratulations you've successfully updated your phone.
I still have the rainbow screen on my phone and it never showed any percent progress
I reset my phone and I'm still on my old firmware

Phone info
Chef 3.02
radio 3.35.04
PRL 60711
PRI 1.33_003
Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

markgamber is just getting started

The GPS now works a magnitude better than the so-called "leaked rom" and any custom system I've used. It takes a few seconds to get a lock on 8-10 satellites from INSIDE the house whereas before it could take several minutes to get a lock on a handful while standing in an empty field. If it worked at all. Don't need a "primer" with this system.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgamber View Post
The GPS now works a magnitude better than the so-called "leaked rom" and any custom system I've used. It takes a few seconds to get a lock on 8-10 satellites from INSIDE the house whereas before it could take several minutes to get a lock on a handful while standing in an empty field. If it worked at all. Don't need a "primer" with this system.
I think they changed/added something with the PPST file in this ROM. The version is now 2.04 instead of 2.03, so that's probably related to GPS and the radio.

EDIT: You don't need to manually run the PPST file with this ROM, it updates the PRI automatically during the customizations like it should have in the leaked ROM.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can't seem to flash

Having the same exact problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
OK I get to the village idiot today. I'm not sure why I can't update my firmware, if I need to lock or unlock my device or what.

I get the rainbow screen
activesync dissappears
About 1 minute I get a message - congratulations you've successfully updated your phone.
I still have the rainbow screen on my phone and it never showed any percent progress

Phone info
Chef 3.02
radio 3.35.04
PRL 60711
PRI 1.33_003
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

gottria is a n00b

Can't wait for a kitchen or custom ROM based on the final release. Half the programs on the final release I don't use and a bunch in the kitchen I do use. I had a great kitchen with no GPS problems but flashed this anyways. Yes the GPS lock is much faster and the final does seem snappier.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Can't seem to flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I get the rainbow screen
activesync dissappears

Phone info
Chef 3.02
radio 3.35.04
PRL 60711
PRI 1.33_003
You shouldn't have to, but you can use the 2.31 Unlocker from ImCoKeMaN (see this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

I already had my phone unlocked with it, then I did the Power-Camera-Reset to get the the tri-color unlocker screen, then I ran the update and it worked great.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

tsvb is a n00b

I have to say I loaded this ROM and it is quite quick. Quicker than any cooked ROM I have used previously. GPS took a few minutes the first time I tried but it locked on 5 sats from inside my office. Everytime after it has locked within seconds. Cheers to this ROM Sprint.

Also my download speed using dsl reports mobile speed test was over 1200 kbps...
Old 06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor

This has been quite successful for me as well.

GPS locks almost instantly. Seems pretty snazzy etc.

My one problem: I have nothing to look forward to now. I have Skyfire, 6.1, GPS, REv-A etc. I have my today screen setup the way I want it, and pretty much all the essential programs I want. *sigh* Now I don't really have anything to tweak or fiddle with on my phone. It almost saddens me a bit.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

OK, my ICS is broken as well. It will only connect as Phone as Modem and I can't get it to switch. I get an error 67 and it won't connect. Using a USB cable. Any suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development