View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
mindfrost82
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Can't seem to flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
OK I get to the village idiot today. I'm not sure why I can't update my firmware, if I need to lock or unlock my device or what.

I start the firmware update.
I get the rainbow screen
activesync dissappears
About 1 minute I get a message - congratulations you've successfully updated your phone.
I still have the rainbow screen on my phone and it never showed any percent progress
I reset my phone and I'm still on my old firmware

Phone info
Chef 3.02
radio 3.35.04
PRL 60711
PRI 1.33_003
You shouldn't have to, but you can use the 2.31 Unlocker from ImCoKeMaN (see this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

I already had my phone unlocked with it, then I did the Power-Camera-Reset to get the the tri-color unlocker screen, then I ran the update and it worked great.