PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Upgrading Tutorial For Verizon XV6900!!! Radio 3.42.30 with working GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by negamann View Post
HAHA yeah we all get a little happy when adding apps. gotta be conservative though. If you hold your mouse over the apps in Buildos. they usually tell you their function.

On another note. Anyone want to try out this rom/radio upgrade for verizon i made up? need a brave soul or someone about to return their phone

http://rapidshare.com/files/12665686...0_RUU.rar.html

I highly doubt it will brick your phone.
If you do. Results please!

Ka911: Sprints customization rewrites sooo many things in the phone, not enough people that have verizon are experienced enough to make a fix. so we are limited. im trying though
Wish you posted this 2 hours sooner. I would have tried before returning yesterday.
I'll give this a shot but since I'm going on vacation and I don't want to mess up my phone before then I'll probably wait until I am back and then give it a go and let you know.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What error would this be? Make sure to use com port 4 and the holux gps viewer can be your friend. I've picked up 7 satellites at one time with that on baud rate 38400

Check out this startup animation i put together and bootsplash as well! The other verizon animated splash was kinda choppy. so i sped it up a little. I have em both running on my phone. they look good

If anyone wants this animated splash with their name on it. PM me. free service alternatively get a GIF Creator/Animator/Editor and do it yourself
Which program do you use? Save me the time of finding a good one. Very cool.

Oh and sorry for the mutiposts, forgot I was reply to same thread (brain on vacation).
Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

Mikedav is becoming a great contributor

OK, here is my report with the new/old phone
I did Sprint ship and them OMJ's custom verizon. Did *228 and was blessed with the witch's voice that my phone was successfully programmed. Loaded my goodies, SPB PS, MS and backup. All good. GPS was a prob. Finally on my way home, I tried GPS again and whoa, Google maps, Live search and GPS viewer all worked and good! Happy camper here.
Now, on the old; I did the 0.4 unlock and then flashed oit with the ROM posted and it worked just like it was stock..nice.
Now, I'm going to brick it though, just for insurance. Goona pull the plug during the flash.

Negamann Thank you!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch
Carrier: VZW

martin is a n00b

Quote:
T...But I just wonder why verizon is the last to step up. Are they followers? It doesn't take a genuis to realize that a phone with gps is a guaranteed sale.
I ask the same questions of our managers, to the point where I'm no longer required to go to mandatory morning meetings

Verizon's official line is that they do more thorough testing than other companies before they release phones. The truth of the matter, I think, is that more restrictive software takes longer to write and debug.
The sad thing is Verizon really does have the best coverage and customer service, but the user base is getting older and when their kids have to start paying their own cell phone bill, they are going to go somewhere that allows them to BT ringtones/pics/files/etc back and forth.

The GPS thing, though, was purely HTC, not any of the carriers. That's why none of them released with GPS on the CDMA side.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

okay just a bit of help guys
now im usually in the titan forum but a friend of mine asked me to put gps on their xv6900. so I went through all the steps listed, using omjs verizon rom. now seeing it was a new phone I had to call verizon for an a-key. now the problem is I run gps viewer, I do not get lat/long but where the N is I get a red circle with a number. I tried running google maps and gps times out. is there any way to increase # of gps satellites on the xv6900? it takes way too long (minimum of 5 minutes maximum of 30 minutes) to get a gps satellite. I will admit I got two using google maps two days ago but the wait is too long. should I try another rom or is this location specific?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedav View Post
OK, here is my report with the new/old phone
I did Sprint ship and them OMJ's custom verizon. Did *228 and was blessed with the witch's voice that my phone was successfully programmed. Loaded my goodies, SPB PS, MS and backup. All good. GPS was a prob. Finally on my way home, I tried GPS again and whoa, Google maps, Live search and GPS viewer all worked and good! Happy camper here.
Now, on the old; I did the 0.4 unlock and then flashed oit with the ROM posted and it worked just like it was stock..nice.
Now, I'm going to brick it though, just for insurance. Goona pull the plug during the flash.

Negamann =D>=D>=D> Thank you!
MIKE please try this out for me http://rapidshare.com/files/12665686...0_RUU.rar.html
Its a rom i put together to hopefully replace the sprint. It has the radio integrated into it! Hasnt beeen tested!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

negamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on repnegamann is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to negamann Send a message via MSN to negamann Send a message via Yahoo to negamann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
okay just a bit of help guys
now im usually in the titan forum but a friend of mine asked me to put gps on their xv6900. so I went through all the steps listed, using omjs verizon rom. now seeing it was a new phone I had to call verizon for an a-key. now the problem is I run gps viewer, I do not get lat/long but where the N is I get a red circle with a number. I tried running google maps and gps times out. is there any way to increase # of gps satellites on the xv6900? it takes way too long (minimum of 5 minutes maximum of 30 minutes) to get a gps satellite. I will admit I got two using google maps two days ago but the wait is too long. should I try another rom or is this location specific?
Its all based on luck. Currently we have no perfect drivers. GPS is fine. try baud rate of 38400. My other phone locked right away everytime. my new one doesnt lock on as fast. I did the exact same steps
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
I ask the same questions of our managers, to the point where I'm no longer required to go to mandatory morning meetings

Verizon's official line is that they do more thorough testing than other companies before they release phones. The truth of the matter, I think, is that more restrictive software takes longer to write and debug.
The sad thing is Verizon really does have the best coverage and customer service, but the user base is getting older and when their kids have to start paying their own cell phone bill, they are going to go somewhere that allows them to BT ringtones/pics/files/etc back and forth.

The GPS thing, though, was purely HTC, not any of the carriers. That's why none of them released with GPS on the CDMA side.
Excellent point! I stay with verizon because i've tried them all and this badboy gets reception everywhere! And i live near the mountains!

Last edited by negamann; 07-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

kaldereta is a n00b

Just an update for you guys....IT WORKS. OMG IT WORKS. BRICKED TWO PHONES TO GET HERE BUT IT WORKS! Now I just gotta watch and make sure VZ doesn't charge me for those two...lol. To my fellow noobs the most important things i've learned in this process:
1.) Make sure that you terminate your data connection if it's still existing before doing anything. I strongly believe this is the reason why folks end up with no data initially...your session ends up getting hung up. I also turned off the phone radio just to be sure.
2.) Do not let customizations run. Once you upgrade radio just leave the screen on the "Tap to Begin" screen and plug the phone to your computer, activesync will still recognize and from here you can flash whatever ROM you like.
3.) Calling VZ isn't a big deal to get re-authenticated.
4.) Once you run google maps or any other GPS program and see it run in all it's glory....IT MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE!
Old 07-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldereta View Post
Just an update for you guys....IT WORKS. OMG IT WORKS. BRICKED TWO PHONES TO GET HERE BUT IT WORKS! Now I just gotta watch and make sure VZ doesn't charge me for those two...lol. To my fellow noobs the most important things i've learned in this process:
1.) Make sure that you terminate your data connection if it's still existing before doing anything. I strongly believe this is the reason why folks end up with no data initially...your session ends up getting hung up. I also turned off the phone radio just to be sure.
2.) Do not let customizations run. Once you upgrade radio just leave the screen on the "Tap to Begin" screen and plug the phone to your computer, activesync will still recognize and from here you can flash whatever ROM you like.
3.) Calling VZ isn't a big deal to get re-authenticated.
4.) Once you run google maps or any other GPS program and see it run in all it's glory....IT MAKES IT ALL WORTHWHILE!
That is AWESOME! Welcome and enjoy!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development