PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Lurker

jspesp is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: GPS Fixes by Carrier

jack - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=342
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: bell.ca

tichi is just getting started

up (very useful topic)
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

Barry.Lattie is a n00b
Smile Re: GPS Fixes by Carrier

Yesterday I flashed OMJ's latest ROM after flashing the REAL Sprint final release. GPS has been working ok, but after I made the registry settings in this thread I consistantly get 4-8 sats and a lonk in 15-20 seconds.

I have driven 50 miles with no gps application running and after starting GoogleMaps got a lock 5 sats in about 15 seconds.

It makes sinse to me that the Sprint GPS assist server will deny VZW requests and I suspect that much time is spent retrying failed attempts to reach the assist server.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ...

Pitobread is a n00b

For bell, I have done alot of research for the GPS settings, specifically for the AGPS settings.

If you open up your phone in QPST or open up ##DATA# on the advanced tab, your LBE IP should be set to 0.0.0.0 and the port should be zero, the 1.33_7 is the best PRI to use. I have even used the latest PPST from sprint 2.05_10 and reprogrammed it manually and nothing worked as good as the original bell PRI. The new telus one came a close second

Also in QPST on the gpsOne tab, have everything checked off in the left hand column.(uncheck, then check, then reflash phone) PDE transport should be on DBM, and position calculation should be on PDE.. those are the default settings from bell.

It doesn't seem that the IP address in the registry makes much difference, i use the alltell one. AGPS and smartmode enabled, GPSmode 4.

That gave me the best results for GPS. agps works for a rough quick fix, then gps locks after.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (CDMA)
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ckl_88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitobread View Post
For bell, I have done alot of research for the GPS settings, specifically for the AGPS settings.

If you open up your phone in QPST or open up ##DATA# on the advanced tab, your LBE IP should be set to 0.0.0.0 and the port should be zero, the 1.33_7 is the best PRI to use. I have even used the latest PPST from sprint 2.05_10 and reprogrammed it manually and nothing worked as good as the original bell PRI. The new telus one came a close second

Also in QPST on the gpsOne tab, have everything checked off in the left hand column.(uncheck, then check, then reflash phone) PDE transport should be on DBM, and position calculation should be on PDE.. those are the default settings from bell.

It doesn't seem that the IP address in the registry makes much difference, i use the alltell one. AGPS and smartmode enabled, GPSmode 4.

That gave me the best results for GPS. agps works for a rough quick fix, then gps locks after.
So in QPST uncheck everything on the left hand side... even the Allowed?

So what are your average time to fix (cold)?
Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ...

Pitobread is a n00b

AGPS will lock me in to a rough location in about 20-30 seconds, then about a minute to get a lock

You want to unselect, then reselect, they are greyed out by default... by unselecting/selecting you are activating them all.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Best ROM!!! Great locks Ghettofreeryders version 720c and then tweak. See my post at:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=26180&page=10
Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch and xv6700

FingazFone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetaldp View Post
Being we are non Sprint User the Assistance Server will never accept Requiest from Outer Network so we must have to put the GPS into Autonomous Mode (Self Fixing)

I am using this Setting in SULP (Secure User Plane Client With Extended Ephemeris)

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS]
"GPSMode"=dword:00000001
"EnableGPSSmartMode"=dword:00000000
"EnableAGPS"=dword:00000000
GPSMode = 1 means Autonomous (Self Fix no Assistance Required, Pessimistic Approach, Very Slow but Very Accurate)
GPSMode = 2 means Assisted by Server (Less Optimistic, Somewhat Slow but Medium Accuracy Quality)
GPSMode = 4 means Assisted by Server with Extended Ephemeris (Very Optimistic, But Sometime we loose Accuracy Quality)

EnableAGPS = 1 Means Enabled AGPS and 0 Disables it

EnableGPSSmartMode = 1 Save Downloaded Ephemeris Data and also Send it Assitance Server to Update / Fine Tune Extended Ephemeris Data on Server (Require Internet Connection), 0 Zero Desables this Feature

Ephemeris Data = To get Self Fix the Device must know the Position of Satelite in sky, which is called as Ephemeris Data, This is Combined Database which have there Altitude, Latitude, Longitude so the Phone , GPS Device don't have to wait to get Satellites Position from Frequent Satellite Self Position Broadcast by Air

"GPSMode = 2 means Assisted by Server (Less Optimistic, Somewhat Slow but Medium Accuracy Quality)"

Changed my registry key from 4 to 2 and got a lock for the first time since saturday.... hmm. I'll let you guys know how it goes from here.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900

elitegunslinger is a n00b

I am a Verizon user, I have been trying to get a satellite or a lock for a week now, I have reflashed a multitude of times currently using NFSFAN's v1.12 rom with an altell 3.42.30 radio.

The gps viewer does see the gps on com4 but never seems to get a satellite or a fix.
It repeatedly shows:
Quote:
GPS Open...
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPGSV,1,1,0
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,,,
$GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,,
$GPSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
$GPGSV,1,1,0
$GPGGA,,,,,0,,,,,,
etc...
I have used every radio available including the 3.42.50, 3.37.77, 3.37.10, etc.

I am going to go crazy

I have tried the agps fix, Valhalla, reg edits, you name it, I just can't seem to get this running with a gps fix, does anyone have any suggestions?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development