PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Red face Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

I just flashed the new rom. I cooked it in his kitchen. The only thing I added was touchflo and cube back. Seems really nice. The only problem is that the contacts page of the cube is broken. You cannot do anything with it.... Any suggestions?? Sweet kitchen though and rom.. I am just a cube fan...

Rob
Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
I just flashed the new rom. I cooked it in his kitchen. The only thing I added was touchflo and cube back. Seems really nice. The only problem is that the contacts page of the cube is broken. You cannot do anything with it.... Any suggestions?? Sweet kitchen though and rom.. I am just a cube fan...
Rob
DCDs kitchen certainly is fantastic and flexible. One of the biggest advantages (IMHO) is the ability to OMIT the Cube. Unfortunately, DCD does not have a Touch / Vogue, so he can't do more thorough testing of the various configurations. A few folks did some testing, but I know in my case, I don't like the Cube, so I never tested that item.

If you happen to like the Cube, you may want to try out OMJs v.8 ROM, which he released, earlier this week.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 04-18-2008, 10:57 AM
ptfdmedic

Wink Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
DCDs kitchen certainly is fantastic and flexible. One of the biggest advantages (IMHO) is the ability to OMIT the Cube. Unfortunately, DCD does not have a Touch / Vogue, so he can't do more thorough testing of the various configurations. A few folks did some testing, but I know in my case, I don't like the Cube, so I never tested that item.

If you happen to like the Cube, you may want to try out OMJs v.8 ROM, which he released, earlier this week.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Are you using without the cube and touch flo. Do you get any errors when a gesture is made. Or is everything completely removed. You make a good point. The cube really is more of a novelty. I never use it occasionally I use the touchflo but its more because I can....
Old 04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
Are you using without the cube and touch flo. Do you get any errors when a gesture is made. Or is everything completely removed. You make a good point. The cube really is more of a novelty. I never use it occasionally I use the touchflo but its more because I can....
At the moment, I can't speak to the existance of that particular error, because I'm not using a rom based out of DCDs Kitchen.

Well, if you look at my posts, it might seem that I'm running every rom out there, because you'll see me posting in many of the threads for the various chef's and cookers. Generally my comments are positive, because there is something to like in all of their efforts. I only mention this for context. Just in case you see something by me in another thread.

Right now, I am using OMJ's v.8 based on the Sprint OEM ROM. However, OMJ ported in the requisite elements of another donor ROM (CE OS 5.2.19716 BUILD 19716.1.0.0) vs. DCDs (CE OS 5.2.19199 BUILD 19199.1.0.0). =D>

If you want to disable the cube on a ROM, do a search here "disable cube" and I'm sure that more than a few of threads will come up. It involves a registry change and if you are really thorough, replacing the existing ROM files with empty ones. In my case, with OMJs v.8 ROM, disabling the cube recovered around 8mb of program RAM.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
It's in Jim256's folder The DCD Sprint ROM, that is.

How can i find that :-p
Old 04-18-2008, 01:01 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post
How can i find that :-p
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/ji...0.4_sprint.exe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
ptfdmedic

Wink Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
At the moment, I can't speak to the existance of that particular error, because I'm not using a rom based out of DCDs Kitchen.

Well, if you look at my posts, it might seem that I'm running every rom out there, because you'll see me posting in many of the threads for the various chef's and cookers. Generally my comments are positive, because there is something to like in all of their efforts. I only mention this for context. Just in case you see something by me in another thread.

Right now, I am using OMJ's v.8 based on the Sprint OEM ROM. However, OMJ ported in the requisite elements of another donor ROM (CE OS 5.2.19716 BUILD 19716.1.0.0) vs. DCDs (CE OS 5.2.19199 BUILD 19199.1.0.0). =D>

If you want to disable the cube on a ROM, do a search here "disable cube" and I'm sure that more than a few of threads will come up. It involves a registry change and if you are really thorough, replacing the existing ROM files with empty ones. In my case, with OMJs v.8 ROM, disabling the cube recovered around 8mb of program RAM.
I know how to disable the cube but it had sounded like you were using it. So I thought I would ask. I was just questioning whether it was completely removed or just disabled... Thanks for your response. I might check out OMJ's latest. I like them as clean as possible so I can just add what I want. Thanks for all your information..
Old 04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thejinx0r is just getting started

Is there a mirror for the Bell version of the rom?

The fileshex one on XDA doesn't work...
Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx0r View Post
Is there a mirror for the Bell version of the rom?

The fileshex one on XDA doesn't work...
I don't believe there is a ROM that has been pre-built for Bell.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/jim256%20-%20jim2561/

The full kitchen is in the directory and if you are so inclined, you could use the kitchen to build a rom for your carrier.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc

This thing is def the fastest thing .. but why is it so clean like no HTC stuff (Home Plugin) etc what can I use as replacement ?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development