PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 12:18 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg View Post
Glad things worked out for you! I worked on my own ROM last night, pieced it all together. I LOVE my phone. 26% memory use, all my favorite apps, all built in. It's SO NICE! I love this kitchen. Can't wait for the next build.
hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdan View Post
hey noob question but can I take my existing rom and use the DCD kitchen to change what I want? (I have the rom as an nbh file),

thanks!
It depends on what you mean by Change ...

You can use the Vogue_Kitchen_Tools.rar (expands into an empty kitchen) and then use PrepIt.bat to decompose your RUU_signed.nbh file into the kitchen. Then you can add OEMs into your OEM directory from PPC Kitchen or DCDs Kitchen. So, adding is generally pretty easy. But then you aren't using DCD's base, you are only using is as a donor for OEMs that you'd like to add to your existing base.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

ryanbg is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
hmmm ... "can't wait for the next build"

What are you hoping to see in the next build? If it is additional OEM's, you can do this by downloading the PPCKitchenOEMs and dropping what you want into the OEM folder.
As in Windows CE OS and Build Number. 19209 is awesome, but I wonder what the next build will have in store for us.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

By the way, would anyone be interested in my cooked rom? If anyone is, let me know. It's fairly similar to stock, has most of the HTC programs, no sprint customizations, no cube, quickmenu, dopewars, hearts, total commander, and a few others
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

lockup after 22 minutes in opera mini 4
im switching to cloudy's esmertec to see if that has any effect
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts
Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
ryan-
I personally am not interested (I like the cube/touchflo), but you should make a new thread with a full list of whats installed and whats removed...there are flash addicts out there that will try anything once

p.s. Maybe they would be called ROM addicts
Thanks for the encouragement. I think as soon as I finish using it for a while, and determine how stable and fast it is, I might release it. So far, 0 lockups.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ive been messing with this kitchen and its pretty cool.. I have a question though, on the today screen there's a plug in (I guess thats what its called) that displays whether bluetooth is on or off and when I tap it.. it brings me to the com manager..

Does anyone know what thats called ? I'd like to find a cab for it..

Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

be careful using this rom and kitchen..
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
woke up today with my cellphone lcd screen on, it mustve been on for hours because the phone itself was hot. I pressed a button, nothing happened, and realized it had been locked up for no telling how long..

i reset, then after the boot logo it shut off.. i ended up plugging in the charger because the batt was completely dead.

be careful using this rom and kitchen..
Quite honestly, I am of the opinion (based on personal experience and observation) that _all_ of the (Touch / Vogue) ROMs that mingle the Sprint OEM WM6 ROM and WM61 components, suffer from some level of unpredictable stability issues.

That's not to say I am recommending this over another ROM / Kitchen, as any of them that mingle the WM6 and WM61 components, are (probably) going to have some level of instability.

Personally, I have turned my attention to findiing a stripped-down ROM, based solely on the original WM6 OEM ROM from Sprint (w/ User Customization). I can add what I want via User Customization.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development