View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wink Re: DCD's 1.0.4 ROM and Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
At the moment, I can't speak to the existance of that particular error, because I'm not using a rom based out of DCDs Kitchen.

Well, if you look at my posts, it might seem that I'm running every rom out there, because you'll see me posting in many of the threads for the various chef's and cookers. Generally my comments are positive, because there is something to like in all of their efforts. I only mention this for context. Just in case you see something by me in another thread.

Right now, I am using OMJ's v.8 based on the Sprint OEM ROM. However, OMJ ported in the requisite elements of another donor ROM (CE OS 5.2.19716 BUILD 19716.1.0.0) vs. DCDs (CE OS 5.2.19199 BUILD 19199.1.0.0). =D>

If you want to disable the cube on a ROM, do a search here "disable cube" and I'm sure that more than a few of threads will come up. It involves a registry change and if you are really thorough, replacing the existing ROM files with empty ones. In my case, with OMJs v.8 ROM, disabling the cube recovered around 8mb of program RAM.
I know how to disable the cube but it had sounded like you were using it. So I thought I would ask. I was just questioning whether it was completely removed or just disabled... Thanks for your response. I might check out OMJ's latest. I like them as clean as possible so I can just add what I want. Thanks for all your information..