PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knyque is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint/Google Voice double calls to voicemail

I have been eagerly anticipating Sprint not charging for the call forward, and it seems like they have finally done it.

I just activated that with my phone by dialing *28xxxxxxxxxx (the x's are my GV #, I followed the directions from GV), and tried it out. When I call my cell phone, it rings like it should, and I ignored it (both by hitting 'Ignore', and waiting, then stops ringing on the cell phone (but not the phone I'm calling from) for about 3 seconds, then rings again. If I ignore it again, it goes to GV, but it takes double the time for the caller to get voicemail, and it shows up as 2 different calls in my log.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint/Google Voice double calls to voicemail

Im using Fusion Visual Voice Mail+ and the *28 code and my phone acts normal.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

knyque is a n00b

I should also mention that my GV goes to my cell phone as well, but that really shouldn't matter, I assume (which may be my mistake) that it's meant for that kind of thing. I like my GV # better than my cell #, but a lot of people use my cell #, so I want both to ring my cell, but messages left on GV.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

Hmm.. I have Phone fusion as well and it doesnt work for me as ACTIVATED but I noticed that when I have it deactivated...it works just fine lol.

As for the GV thing- if you read from GV's website, they tell you you can either choose a number from them, or use your own. But if your using both, something like what you stated could happen.

I for example rarely ever even give out my GV # but when I want to dial someone, my phone always asks if I want to dial from GV or sprint. When someone calls my sprint number, their msg all goes to my GV voicemail and not my sprint vm. It shows up as "you have new voicemail" and everything on my today screen, everything is the same.

I would suggest logging into GV and searching the FAQ because I know its in there.

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff02840 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by knyque View Post
I have been eagerly anticipating Sprint not charging for the call forward, and it seems like they have finally done it.

I just activated that with my phone by dialing *28xxxxxxxxxx (the x's are my GV #, I followed the directions from GV), and tried it out. When I call my cell phone, it rings like it should, and I ignored it (both by hitting 'Ignore', and waiting, then stops ringing on the cell phone (but not the phone I'm calling from) for about 3 seconds, then rings again. If I ignore it again, it goes to GV, but it takes double the time for the caller to get voicemail, and it shows up as 2 different calls in my log.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks in advance
In Google Voice go to Settings -> Phones,click the Edit button under your mobile number, click Show advanced settings, then under Forwarding Options click Go straight to voicemail. That should solve your problem of multiple ringing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro