PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I am leaving sprint and my touch pro..must read.

Whoah... I can't believe I read all that.
Bro... If you aren't happy and you want to leave... You should.
I see how it doesn't make sense to deal with incompetence. I actually go into the Sprint store anytime there's an issue with my phone. I only call in for billing or things like that. These people are in a call ctr. and they deal with many types of phones. And they are not techies like you and I are. So explaining things to them is more frustrating than waiting 30 mins at the Sprint store and actually showing them what the problem is and getting a resolution on the spot. I went through 5 TP's I know.
Finally I used my wife's upgrade to get a TP2 and she got my freshly replaced (refurb) TP. I'm happy, she's happy (stock everything except for background and seethrough flip clock).
Good luck. And if you do leave come check us out and tell us how nice it is out there and how much you are paying for your new plan vs. your sero plan.
And if it's worth it. Obviously lots of people feel it's worth it. Otherwise Sprint would not have such a problem with retentions.
p.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhes View Post
Long story here
Long story short, install this ROM

1.03.651.4 ROM
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

from this thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

That will get you back the ROM that you are used to using on the other Touch Pros you had, which will address your messaging issues.

Only if the phone is still behaving funny, perform an EPST reset.

You need your MSL, MSID, MSN (your phone #) which Sprint can give you or you can get yourself from the ESN swap website.

##786#
Write down your MSID
Menu->Reset
It'll probably ask you for your MSL.

After the phone resets itself, verify your MSID and MSN are correct using ##MSL#

When that is done, update your vision profile using Settings->System->Update Profile

There, your phone is now factory fresh with the original ROM Touch Pro was shipped with way back when it was released.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
I actually go into the Sprint store anytime there's an issue with my phone.

come check us out and tell us how nice it is out there and how much you are paying for your new plan vs. your sero plan.
And if it's worth it.
Thats good to know, i will bring it into the store to see if they are more helpful.

As for the Sero plan, i pay $60 a month including insurance, and my wife is on tmobile paying $52 a month with no contract left. With Sero, i cant add her, and a family plan would only be like $20-30 or more a month with 2 iphones i think.

To top things off, I dont even get service at work, so 40 hrs a week i have super limited service anyways. Sero is dope, just not worth it at this point for me. (now if i had the $30 plan, i wouldnt switch regardless)
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

djhes is a n00b

SFHUB, thanks, i will try to start from scratch, that is what i was planning on doing actually, but i was lazy because i thought i had a replacement coming! now i have to reload all my apps, sent my ringtones, contact...im sure you all know the drill..
Old 11-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

IMO it sounds like you were upset bc you got a refurb TP to begin with when u really wanted a TP2 for free. Now dont get mad I'm just telling you what it sounds like. You seemed very rude from the jump and when the 1st answer they gave you didnt help you yelled at them. You should try being patient and give them time to help you. I know personally I wouldnt be very nice to someone who is upset with their phone and decided to take it out on whoever worked for sprint. And maybe they didnt hang up on you on pupose. When I call sprint with a problem most the time I know more than the person I'm talking too but I'm patient with them until my problem is resolved (which it always is) and I've never had a problem with them. Sometimes they dont know what their talking about but hey we're human we all dont know everything.

So to sum this up lol just be nice and give them a chance.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

titaniumgiant, it doesn't matter if I work as a CSR at sprint or not..

OPs attitude and yelling at the CSRs didn't and will not help in getting his issues resolved in his way. And the incident is noted down on his account by now. So, when the next CSR opens his account, he will know what kind of customer he is talking to.

I repeat, be nice to the CSRs. If you dont' like their answer, call back to talk to a different CSR, again gently. Getting mad at them WON'T help.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Long story short, install this ROM

1.03.651.4 ROM
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

from this thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

That will get you back the ROM that you are used to using on the other Touch Pros you had, which will address your messaging issues.

Only if the phone is still behaving funny, perform an EPST reset.

You need your MSL, MSID, MSN (your phone #) which Sprint can give you or you can get yourself from the ESN swap website.

##786#
Write down your MSID
Menu->Reset
It'll probably ask you for your MSL.

After the phone resets itself, verify your MSID and MSN are correct using ##MSL#

When that is done, update your vision profile using Settings->System->Update Profile

There, your phone is now factory fresh with the original ROM Touch Pro was shipped with way back when it was released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhes View Post
SFHUB, thanks, i will try to start from scratch, that is what i was planning on doing actually, but i was lazy because i thought i had a replacement coming! now i have to reload all my apps, sent my ringtones, contact...im sure you all know the drill..
Yea thats really smart, telling him to put the original ROM back on when HTC says dont install it after the updated MR ROM has been installed.

As for your text message blues, search for Losers SMS Fix. It works. The text messages not being 'read' was intentional by HTC as told in another thread. The inability to swipe and select multi emails was also intentional and fixed my Menu -> Select -> then choosing All, All Below or Several. O dont have Hotmail, but everything i have read is that you need to do exactly what you say you had to do. I think that was MS who changed it, not Sprint/HTC.

So maybe you arent as smart as you think? How long have you been with Sprint? Ive been with them over 10 years and they bend over backwards to get me what i want, WITHIN REASON. However, i have had 2 full discounts and a FREE Diamond (to replace the IStinked for my wife) in the last 10 months. You need to treat them right, or at least know how to manipulate them (legally). The last 3 times ive talked to them about the issues i was having with the MR ROM, i plainly said (adamantly) that i did NOT want a TP2, i wanted my phone to work. In the end i figured out what was wrong and a Tier2 Tech agreed it might help.

Do a hard reset, THEN REAPPLY the MR ROM. I think youll find a LOT of issues will be fixed. Why? Ever reinstall windows on your old hard drive and stuff just didnt seem to work? Same premise here. Wiping all of your old data and progs first starts with a clean slate for you to build on. Also be careful when applying any older hacks like the popular tweakcollection.cab. I pulled the XML out and it would have made changes that could kill my ability to use wifi with any ease.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Waltdog is a n00b

I've had the same problem with Sprint.. I can't wait till my contract is up. I'm on my 4th TP and my wife is on her 4th Blackberry with Sprint.. I don't know where I'm going, but I have to get away from Sprint. Their driving me crazy and they don't care about their customers.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm sorry to hear your sad story but is this really a "must read"?
Old 11-19-2009, 05:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

dude you really ought to write the ceo and see what they are willing to do to correct this situation. hopefully a new tp2 as you were promised and maybe a few months of bill free as well to keep your business? you never know...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro