PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

disord3r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Internet Question Touch Pro 1

Hey fellas just bought a touch pro one about a week ago. This phone has wifi capability on it which I'm sure all of you know. Anyways I was wondering if this means you get free internet by using wifi rather than going through sprint's tower. They said I would need to put a data pack add-on to my current plan if I wanted unlimited free internet. I don't know if thats true or not since the lady barley spoke English. She just said its to boost the connection I believe. I was also wondering if the wifi isn't free is there a way I can get around it without having to pay?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Internet Question Touch Pro 1

How would they make you pay for wifi thats at your house...? And you CAN use only wifi, although some add-on programs may only use your data plan. My friend has a TP and does NOT have data and doesnt use it. Same on his previous Mogul, he only uses wifi.

BTW, who is 'they'? Sprint doesnt make you get a data plan with the TP1, but might on the TP2.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

disord3r is a n00b

They being Sprint... I'm currently on a Messaging Plan and they claim I would need to add a Data Pack add-on to my current plan for me to get my own internet. The add-on is just for for internet uses if your not on an actual data plan.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Right, i have that same plan (although the CS rep gave it to me free). Are you talking to CS or in store? I try to have tech support do all my phone work as they speak english and are usually pretty knowledgeable as to what im trying to do or need fixed. I have a guy in store that tells me straight what i can and cant do and will let me do most things i need. Plus it helps ive been with Sprint for over 10 years now.

Anyways, you dont need data for the TP1. The TP2 has the push internet and im sure thats why they want you to have it. Some of the Treo's dont limit you if you tether and they make you have it then in case you do.

If they insist, tell them you know people that dont have it on their plans. Then insist on talking to the person above them till you get what you want.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

disord3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
BTW, who is 'they'? Sprint doesnt make you get a data plan with the TP1, but might on the TP2.
"They" being the sprint chat online support.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Well sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you choose to go that route, then youre the sad one. Call *2 and either talk to them that way, or navigate till you get to tech support. NEVER do something online you can do in 'person'. Besides, the online chat people arent in the USA...

And, again, you do NOT need internet to use the Touch Pro.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I believe Sprint is requiring ALL their newly activated smart phones to have a data plan attached to them. If you were able to activate your touch pro without a data plan... Good for you. You can use wifi at no extra cost.
However you may be asked to switch. You can always escalate it to a manager though. Good luck bro and welcome to the ppc addiction.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro