PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 PM
hags97

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Alltel TP to Verizon TP2

If this has been asked already I apologized. I've been searching the internet and talking to Verizon reps both in the store and on the phone and cannot get a consistent answer. Here is my dilemma:
I have an Alltel Touch Pro and would like to upgrade to a Verizon Touch Pro 2. I currently have the Alltel Smart Choice 500 (aka Smart Pack) which includes 500 minutes, 10 My Circle, nights at 7, and unlimited text, pic/video messages, data and e-mail for $89.99. Verizon keeps telling me I will have to add a $29.99 data plan and I will lose my 10 My Circle numbers and 50 minutes of talk time and it will cost me $10.00 more. I find this hard to believe.
My question is has anybody had my similar situation and did you or didn't you have to switch plans? Can I upgrade and keep my plan the EXACT same as it is now? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel TP to Verizon TP2

Nope, if you upgrade phones you have to get a new verizon plan. Buy a phone off of ebay or craigslist and keep your plan it will save you money in the long run
Old 11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

If you upgrade at a discounted rate, they will want an extension on your contract. They will not grant an extension (with discounts) to an Alltel plan. If you want to keep your plan, it IS compatible. There have been reports of reps telling people that they are not. If you buy the phone outright, with no discount options, or convince them to upgrade you for free, then you can keep your plan.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AllTel HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

DMWagner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hags97 View Post
I find this hard to believe.
Alltel was very affordable when compared to Verizon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro