PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:12 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lets talk about this radio ....

Ok so I have took a couple of attempts to try to get the radio going I've gotten as far as initializing the radio getting it to search for stations and yes even had a successful lock the problem now is there is no sound from the internal speaker or the headset .... In my opinion it has been locked by the carrier or htc .... if you use my rom as a base you will see that I have the fm radio driver and initializing file in there .... do I think there is a way around getting the radio fully operational yes I do but at what cost .... will a rom do this NO at least not on the surface ... I think that this may be one of those wild goose chases like trying to get the wifi to work on the vogue .... where the hardware supports it but the carrier doesn't ... Now the diamond on the other hand I had no problem getting it to work on it but the sound was low but why .... maybe sprint forgot to lockup the function ..... so where is it locked down its not in the rom is it in the kernel or the spl .... huhmmmm
Old 11-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Lets talk about this radio ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
Ok so I have took a couple of attempts to try to get the radio going I've gotten as far as initializing the radio getting it to search for stations and yes even had a successful lock the problem now is there is no sound from the internal speaker or the headset .... In my opinion it has been locked by the carrier or htc .... if you use my rom as a base you will see that I have the fm radio driver and initializing file in there .... do I think there is a way around getting the radio fully operational yes I do but at what cost .... will a rom do this NO at least not on the surface ... I think that this may be one of those wild goose chases like trying to get the wifi to work on the vogue .... where the hardware supports it but the carrier doesn't ... Now the diamond on the other hand I had no problem getting it to work on it but the sound was low but why .... maybe sprint forgot to lockup the function ..... so where is it locked down its not in the rom is it in the kernel or the spl .... huhmmmm
either the physical hardware is locked down, or the SPL is preventing access to the chip.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden

what about comparing the spl from sprint diamond and touch pro ??
Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
either the physical hardware is locked down, or the SPL is preventing access to the chip.
humm ok no2 how can we go about checking the spl to see if its there because I don't think the hardware is locked because we can get it to initialize just by adding files to the OEMDrivers folder but it can't find stations so correct me if I'm wrong but the spl has to do with the radio's functions right ? is it possible to rewrite the SPL or at least do some reverse engineering to it
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

also what about nk.exe could it have a line in there to do with it
Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
also what about nk.exe could it have a line in there to do with it
nope, its the spl/ hardware lockdown, nk has nothing to do with it.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:57 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i tried to cook it into my rom as well with the same results as jd

Old 11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
The Trend Setter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
nope, its the spl/ hardware lockdown, nk has nothing to do with it.
ok no2 when do you wanna attempt to brick this device ( tamper with the spl to see if we can come up with something ) I got insurance I'm game ... thats if its possible
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Someone fix this please.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ruined is just getting started

Just a little note: I have been playing with this and I could be way off but it appears FMS.DLL calls BTHCI.DLL to communicate with the FM portion of the 6350. The touch CDMA uses version 1.43 of this and the touch GSM uses 1.90, any chance this might be some driver mismatch in the bluetooth section causing the error? (it does appear the, chip initalization files are all the same "TIInt_x_x_x.bts") Both BTHCI.DLL versions do call HCI_FMXXXX but possible there are some other differences or supporting DLLs, or the CDMA has the 6300 which has no FM radio, there is an init file for this chip....

Just changing BTHCI breaks the radio completely, so there do appear to be differences, though I am not sure my method on this was correct.

Last edited by ruined; 11-13-2008 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Clarifications

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro