PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does GPS ever just 'go bad'?

My TP had the GPS fail (had a problem with the screen at the same time). Wasn't soft rebooting, just could not see sats anymore. VZW replaced it.

Alan
Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mike99 is just getting started

Exactly same happen to me too. Was fine until yesterday, Sprint with NFSFAN ROM. Will flush back to stock ROM today and try again.

Wierd though, so many people at the same time with the same problem??? Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Same thing happened here! I was on my way to downtown Chicago with Google Maps running to check for traffic when it suddenly reset itself around 5:30pm! I waited until about 6 to try again, but each time it got a GPS lock, the phone would freeze and reset. It was also at that same time I was having trouble viewing certain pages in Opera, but that might be an unrelated issue. In any case, it seems to have resolved itself, but I don't like my phone being at the mercy of the network simply to run. Running MightyROM 6.5 here.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

gotta add my 2 cents also. This is unreal!! Last night and today, soon as i get a sat lock with either google maps, bing, or gps today, my TP softresets itself. I flashed like 4 different roms, thinking that was the cause. Then i read this thread. WTF is going on? Can this be coincidence? Seems like alot of similar gps issues all of a sudden. Not sure what radio im using, but it worked fine for months, until now that is. veeery weird.
dschoenike

Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My issues still have not resolved. I am using official Sprint radio. If flashing back to Sprint ROM does not solve the issue, I will go to the repair store.

BTW, are all of the problems in Chicago area only???
Old 10-28-2009, 02:52 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
My issues still have not resolved. I am using official Sprint radio. If flashing back to Sprint ROM does not solve the issue, I will go to the repair store.

BTW, are all of the problems in Chicago area only???
Is Milwaukee close enough?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3d

tsbrewers is just getting started

I am in the twin cities. Flashing back to the updated stock rom did fix it for me, at for the time being. I have been tempted to now go back to mighty, and give it a whirl, but I hate setting everything back up, and all the custom roms I have used started to weird out after a couple weeks, so I kinda want to try a stocker for a while.

Brew
Old 10-28-2009, 02:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

central pa(hershey) mine was awhile ago though, no issue since refurb.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Interesting. I DID flash back to stock ROM yesterday, but did not test anything, and immediately flashed back to the custom ROM, and all the issues are back today.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Chicago area here.

The issues are becoming more widespread. Now my texts are sending/receiving out of order and my phone is locking up at random times. I'm going to see if my friends who use a Palm and an Instinct on Sprint are having issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro