PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Singer_Actor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What can I do to get Verizon to exchange my broken TP for a TP2

Okay so I'm on my 4th of 5th Alltel TP, and i simply refuse to get a refurb, because I didn't pay $330 for a used phone, and I simply detest the Verizon model, which is not being sold anymore.
I'm going today to Verizon (because my screen is dead) and I want them to replace it with a TP2 for no cost.
What should I say.
Should I state that this whole thing is an inconvenience, im sick of this phone taking a crap on me every month, and I want to be respectably comped with a TP2 because thats what Sprint would do, due to their policy of returning a certain model phone more than twice (they upgrade you).
I honestly hate this Touch Pro because it breaks too often and I hate dealing with it, and I want the TP2. Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I went to Verizon today, again got some ****ty service. He told me there wasnt much I could do right now, and while I was explaining how I DO NOT want this phone again and that this will be my 5th phone, he told me he had already placed the order for my new phone. and I did not get a loaner phone, so im without for a few days. (awesome. ... ****ers)
and he told me that if it breaks again (or I discover i got a refurb because im not accepting a refurb) to take it back and we could look into a replacement. He tried to feed me some BS that the TP2 is only available online right now so I couldnt upgrade, and even tried to get me into using my dad's upgrade!
I hate verizon's policies and service. they suck, and so did Alltel for that matter (because im dealing with the same people who used to work for alltel)

Last edited by Singer_Actor; 10-26-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: UPDATE.... >:(
Old 10-26-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Isror is becoming a great contributor
Re: What can I do to get Verizon to exchange my broken TP for a TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Actor View Post
Okay so I'm on my 4th of 5th Alltel TP, and i simply refuse to get a refurb, because I didn't pay $330 for a used phone, and I simply detest the Verizon model, which is not being sold anymore.
I'm going today to Verizon (because my screen is dead) and I want them to replace it with a TP2 for no cost.
What should I say.
Should I state that this whole thing is an inconvenience, im sick of this phone taking a crap on me every month, and I want to be respectably comped with a TP2 because thats what Sprint would do, due to their policy of returning a certain model phone more than twice (they upgrade you).
I honestly hate this Touch Pro because it breaks too often and I hate dealing with it, and I want the TP2. Thanks!
I don't know that they will replace the TP with TP2 for no cost. I got my Alltel TP replaced with a Verizon TP2 this past week from Asurion (insurance) for a deductible of $89. You might want to explore that route if you don't get any response about a free upgrade (which I highly doubt Verizon will offer)

Good luck, any more questions on how I got it replaced, check the boards or simply ask
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Threadstarter

Singer_Actor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
I don't know that they will replace the TP with TP2 for no cost. I got my Alltel TP replaced with a Verizon TP2 this past week from Asurion (insurance) for a deductible of $89. You might want to explore that route if you don't get any response about a free upgrade (which I highly doubt Verizon will offer)

Good luck, any more questions on how I got it replaced, check the boards or simply ask
if they make me, I wouldnt mind paying an insurance claim fee
Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

They'll just point you to asurion for the insurance replacement. Verizon is not likely to do anything in the way of a free upgrade, unfortunately.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
WTF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

WTF is a n00b

Best answer...unfortunately is get a job.

/sorry
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mustangcoupe is a n00b

Just received my replacement TP for a broken TP Asurion has plenty of TP's currently instock
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ulysses is keeping up the good workulysses is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ulysses

...switch to sprint...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro