PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Tour
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

cassith is keeping up the good workcassith is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would I be stupid for

selling my Touch Pro while it still has about 7 months left on the manufacturer warranty? I'm so desperate for a non-touchscreen that I would almost be willing to trade for a BB Curve. Should I just wait and see if this one craps out or let it go?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Would I be stupid for

post your TP on the bargain basement thread mention the trade you might get lucky.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've mentioned trading for a Tour(not sure if I'm ready to let it go for a Curve right yet) but would I be stupid for letting it go since I still have 7 months(or more?) left on the warranty?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (soon as it ships)
Carrier: Verizon (soon to be Sprint)

mitchedo is a n00b

I was so mad at my phone (Sprint Touch Pro) I was looking at buying a Hero with a year left on this contract. I found S2U2, and it seems to have solved all the problems with the stupid phone coming on for any reason or no reason or whenever it feels like it. It still comes on, but now it goes right back to sleep after 10 seconds, even if the screen is detecting touches. I installed it today, and this is the first day I haven't had to charge the phone. It's almost the first day I haven't butt-dialed somebody when the stupid *** phone wakes up in its belt pouch and accepts touches from the screen. It's always been a bit "come on when it feels like it" but since the ROM update last month, I haven't even been able to carry it. I pulled it out of its pouch when I got home from work today, and the phone was cool to the touch. That NEVER happens.

Of course, if you just hate touch screen, then keep looking for a new phone. I'm keeping this POS until I see how Android pans out. ...and I want a hardware keyboard. This is my first and last WinMo phone. I hope.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

I don't think it is stupid to trade it with time left on the warranty. It just adds some to the value of the phone if anything. Not sure you will get a Tour for it though. Unfortunately, the value of the TP is rapidly declining....If you are looking to dump it for something else there's no time like the present....
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Think I'm taking the plunge, selling TP with the warranty left, cancelling Alltel(paying 2 ETFs), and getting Sprint Tours with the ERP family plan. Wow, I better be getting a big check this month!

EDIT: What do you think I can get out of my refurb Alltel TP? Perfect condition, warranty, extras
Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassith View Post
Think I'm taking the plunge, selling TP with the warranty left, cancelling Alltel(paying 2 ETFs), and getting Sprint Tours with the ERP family plan. Wow, I better be getting a big check this month!

EDIT: What do you think I can get out of my refurb Alltel TP? Perfect condition, warranty, extras
I know Sprint buys back Sprint phones, since you are switching to their service perhaps they will buy your Alltel phone as well. Last I checked, about a month ago, they were buying TPs for about $75-$125.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I know Sprint buys back Sprint phones, since you are switching to their service perhaps they will buy your Alltel phone as well. Last I checked, about a month ago, they were buying TPs for about $75-$125.
haha, I know I can get more than $125 so I think I'll try ebay, or the Bargain Trader thread here. I'm kind of reluctant to sell it because if the next one messes up I'll be able to get a different model.

Talk about indecisive! Jeez! lol
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

The only problem is finding someone who wants to buy an alltel phone. Considering how hard verizon makes it to put a phone on their network that isn't their branding.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Actually, Verizon is making it tough for Alltel customers to put Verizon phones on an Alltel plan. Technically, our contracts are still Alltel and so are our plans. The only thing different is Verizon now owns our contracts. We are being told that some features may not work if we use a Verizon phone on our Alltel plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro