PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Abicio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemissez View Post
That's cool. I thought about that after I left the store. But the store is not too far from my house though. So you got to keep your TP?
Nah, it included one of those mail your old phone back to sprint pouches. Had to ship it back within 15 days to avoid a fee on my account.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicio View Post
Nah, it included one of those mail your old phone back to sprint pouches. Had to ship it back within 15 days to avoid a fee on my account.
Oh ok....gotcha. I've had to do that before but some people have gotten to keep their TP's. I'm going to find out about mine tomorrow.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ILMVVM2 is a n00b

Does anyone know how to sync the tp to windows 7? It keeps saying that there was a problem installing the drivers. I want to back my stuff up b4 I switch to the replacement phone I received in the mail. I have to return it very soon as my 14 days are slipping away.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

Received a reconditioned TP2 this afternoon and it was good. Ahhhh.

Thought now that I have mine I should share to help others. First, I live 50+ miles to the nearest Repair Center, so going to a store is almost out of the question. I had a TP1 for about 11 months and it overheated on long calls (no surprise). Called Sprint and was offered all the usual downgrade models from Pre to Tour, I refused because I was taking a trip near a RC. I had already spoken to a Phone Rep, been offered a dif. replacement device, and had an E-ticket #. Took it to a Corp Store and they immediately ordered another TP1. I casually mentioned my phone conversation to no effect.

Replacement device had a blown speaker, called Sprint did the same old song and dance and received another TP1. TP2s were still OOS. This last one didn't receive calls as well as my first one, always immediately sending them to VM. With a last ditch effort I dialed *2 one more time. Went through normal BS trouble shooting, ##Blah# restore, reset, update, which I had already done myself. But the rep could not order me another, said he must transfer me to Multiple Device Exchange and maybe they could get me a dif. phone.

Fred @ MDE deserves a raise. He asked me about my problems, I played really really dumb. Like, "How phone work?" dumb. I told him the requirements (slide qwerty, touch, WM). He went to manager to override system came back and offered me another TP1. I asked what else there was. He said that he could offer me a...TP2. Ahhhh.

My conditions were:
  • 50+ miles to RC
  • hit return limit for exchanges?
  • met Fred (not his real name)
  • played dumb

Basically it was completely phlucking random and you learned nothing from reading this.
Guys, the TP2 is good, like really goooood. If you say that last good really low, you"ll know what I mean. Off to play w/ my new toy.

edit: before Fred I had been through all departments on *2 multiple times, angry, sad, nice, and mean. Nice always seemed to work the best, but dumb is the key. The rep needs to feel like he's doing a good job not hooking some nerd up with a freebie. (which he did)

Last edited by Jesse Buck; 12-10-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
What happened and waht did u say?
i went to the same store a week ago and today it was a different tech but he told me the same as the other guy pre curve snap or palm pro ONLY! they must have it drilled in there brains no tp2 for anyone. but i keep my broke phone because it is my only hope so i still have a shot
Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

teamvarsity87 is a n00b

posted this in another thread, but since this thread is relavent here it is:

Had a friend who's has had his TP replaced five times. Went to a Repair location about 20 miles away from where we live and they guy is ordering him a TP2 as a replacement after his phone broken again. My TP just broke yesterday(screen will not turn on, second phone I have had so far), so i went to the same place. They said my screen was defective (good thing I flashed back to stock rom and locked as soon as i noticed problems with the screen). The guy initally offered me a TP2, but then after checking the stock at the warehouse told me they were out of stock and I would have to get a TP refurb, Palm Pre, or some other crappy phone. I needed a phone so I told him I guess the TP refurb(I really liked my TP) would have to be ok. Got the Refurb today, seems to be working ok. Hopefully if I have problems with this one I can get the TP2 as a replacement.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jmatias is a n00b

Well when it comes down to it the sale reps can do it if they want. My friend works for a repair center for sprint and I got my tp2 in minutes, I guess it was easy because I was on my third refurbished phone...
Old 12-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvarsity87 View Post

Got the Refurb today, seems to be working ok. Hopefully if I have problems with this one I can get the TP2 as a replacement.
Really?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I'd just like to reiterate OMG! WTF!? GTFO!#!#!*()

*not being a wise ass but, G i'm glad she's out of here :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

What's the different between Multiple Device Exchange and the normal *2 folks? The Advanced Tech Support manager I spoke with Monday told me after this 3rd replacement TP she sent me, I would have to deal with them in the future. How are they different? She seemed to want to avoid me having to deal with them, because she didn't know how they'd respond to me, as if they might just flat out deny me another replacement.

But from what I am reading on here, they might actually be more likely to send me a TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro