PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dyra502 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
You think that's bad? There's only 4 corporate sprint stores in my state (3 ASCs and 1 replacements by mail) and no third party repair center. I haven't had any luck here since this came up.
yeah that bads any other ways of getting a tp2 by mail
Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dreadinny is a n00b

Let me add my two cents on how it went for me. I had a Touch Pro that went bad in September. I got an exchange. That new one started acting up. I called the insurance, they said call Sprint. Sprint said take it to service. I dropped it off, they did a wipe, but the original problem of rebooting was still happening. On top of that, the pad under the screen was lifting up. The repair dude looked at me, lifted a Touch Pro 2 and said, "You know what, I am just going to send you one of these."

I get it Tuesday.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well, my stable TP stopped charging yest and then died. My KB was fine.

They Sprint store said they are replacing it but since there was no mention of a TP2- I figure I'll get a TP1 again. It's cool since right now I have to use an old Samsung flip phone!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
@ jason25, keep trying different reps. the right one will come along, trust me. i found it easier having tech support note my account, then going to the sprint store. a tp2 was ordered from the store, mainly because of the notes on my account. but as you can see, there are several ways of doing this lol!

Should I just keep calling until I get that right person or just wait until I get my replacement? The confirmation e-mail says they are sending a TP but the guy in retentions said I might be getting a TP2.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Anyone in the Baltimore area having luck? I'm in Denver, but traveling to Baltimore. Would be a productive trip if I knew there was a store that could help me out. My keyboard is once again out.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Should I just keep calling until I get that right person or just wait until I get my replacement? The confirmation e-mail says they are sending a TP but the guy in retentions said I might be getting a TP2.
i would wait for the replacement, then act.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i would wait for the replacement, then act.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I don't want too many notes on my account.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i know what you mean. i wouldn't bug them everyday, some have had luck that way though. i only tried twice, maybe waited a couple weeks before the 2nd time and had success.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nobunschit is a n00b

Here's my story:

I'm on my 2nd TP. Keyboard stopped working, went to the Sprint repair center (Cranston, RI) - she said "we can fix that", and when she took the TP, I said: "Well, what about the other problems?" ....rep said, "such as?". I said, "it constantly overheats"...and before I could list anything else she offered a list of replacements, including the TP2.

I get it today. Note - I had called this same store before going in and they said "no we can't replace it with a TP2" ...but as mentioned above they were pretty eager to replace it w/ TP2 when I showed up.

The rep did mention to me "this phone has been nothing but problems, and we'd rather just replace it w/ the TP2 to make it easier."

So if you're in the RI/MA area, you might have luck at this store.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I like how every new HTC Sprint comes out with is automatically the little problem child as soon as the new one's out, but when they replaced their previous Mogul/Touch/Vouge with the TP or Diamond, it was God's gift to mankind. Just cracks me up, and before I get 10,000 messages about what is truly wrong with your TP, we went though this with the Mogul just 18 months ago.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro