PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
I need a crash course

I've been looking into new roms and kitchens. I have not issues with most of the roms, the only thing I don't like is having to customize mine the way I want it, or the apps I don't use already being there. Is there somewhere on here where I can get a run down on the kitchen? Or someone could help me. :P Thanks in advance..
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: I need a crash course

All roms come with a program list and or a changlog. Find the rom that fits you, find the cabs that fit you, and then install the cabs on the rom that fits you. Best thing I have found is to find cabs I like, flash roms that you think you may like, file explore the window of each rom and take the cabs you like of programs you want. After time you have a list of cabs of programs you want to add to the rom you want. Cooks don't build to suit. Just find the one that suits you best and mod it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

Well, I've been through almost every rom I have come across. I really like Silence's but the Fn key is non functioning, Mighty and most of the others have apps in there that I don't particularly like. I know there are clean roms too, but I don't want to jump on something super clean. There are a few basic apps I like. Other then that, my only complaints are the reg edits and things already in there. I don't mind working around it, but I donno. I know I'm being picky. I know cooks cook their preferences. I've looked through most of the change logs, and they have some things in there that I like, but other things are just a waste of space for me. I have a archieve of cabs over here in my computer. lol

There are cabs in the windows folder? lol
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok. I think I settled with a rom. Does anyone know the process to change the soft keys on the homepage of TF3D2?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

have you tried ADVANCED CONFIG?? iT has a setting in there to change soft key mapping.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

I was in the same boat as you...I couldn't find a rom that was just the way I liked it...so I started cooking my own. it's really not that hard, especially with great kitchens from people like calkulin. here is his thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50857 I believe he switched over to visual kitchen instead of the legacy kitchen. here are some useful links on visual kitchen http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=717 and http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=17

if you need any help cooking or have any questions just PM me and I'll be happy to help you out with what I know
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'll check out Avanced Config, I didn't even think of it. Also, tersoth, I'll look through these, and shoot you a PM when I get to the point of yanking my hair out. I really appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro