PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newest stock Sprint ROM, SMS not being marked as read problem

I've updated to it. Much quicker in my experience.

One thing I get now is when I receive a text message and I read it, hit okay to back into the text messages list it does not show as read (it is still bolded as if it was not read at all). I find myself going back into the text message one, even twice sometimes, to make it as read.

Any ideas on how to fix this? thanks.

Last edited by xSD; 09-26-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Threadstarter

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: Newest stock Sprint ROM, SMS not being marked as read problem

Bump.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Well, I for one can't seem to reproduce this bug. Rec'd several txts today and all behaved normally. Can you describe it in more detail step by step - some terms you use I'm not sure about. I checked the TF3D screen for txts, that's normal. Then the threaded message list - also normal. And in Outlook's section for txts (linked with the email/picmail accounts), also normal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

I have noticed this also. I use Google Voice a lot, so sometimes when texting I will be using my computer. The texts still get sent to my phone.

So, lets say I am texting someone (via Google Voice on my computer), and in the process I receive 10 texts from them. On my phone, the message tab on TF3D shows 10 unread messages, which is normal. Then I slide over to the message tab and click on the text message to bring up conversation view. I leave it open a few seconds, then use the X in the upper right to close it. The TF3D tab still shows 9 unread messages.

In the past, when I would open up a conversation thread, all messages would get marked as read. Or, at least this is now I think it worked.....
Old 09-27-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only work around I have it to use the D-Pad to scroll the messages in the conversation. As you select them that way they will be marked read so you can get them all marked read that way...

Not a soluton, but the only thing I have found to be of use yet. I think it is a bug in this build of Windows Mobile as my wife's Diamond has this same bug...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:50 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

nope, bug of tf3d.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Im not trying to jack your thread but is anybody having a problem with Opera crashing on the newest Stock Sprint Rom... Two sites this keeps happening with are this site (only the home page) and 1800pocketpc.com and I've done about 5 hard resets.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

yup, been reported, suggest lasted version of opera from xda.

ps. I don't use opera, sorry no link.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker

Fio316a is a n00b

I emailed HTC and received the following response:

I wrote:
Quote:
I downloaded the latest Rom Update for the Sprint Touch Pro and am having issues. First issue I found, with this update I seem to have lost the ability to select multiple emails for deletion. Secondly, when replying to text messages, windows used to mark the prior incoming message as read, now it leaves it unread. I have to navigate through each msg using the touchflo in order to mark them read. Any assistance regarding these matters would be appreciated. Thank you.

The reply:
Quote:
I would be more than happy to assist you with this information. To select multiple emails on you device, go to your email inbox and tap Menu> Select Messages. You will have three options: All, All Below, and Several. All will select all you your messages. With All Below, you will select a message and all items below it will be selected. You can use several to pick and choose messages. As for the text messages, this feature was added with the update to ensure that you do not miss any of your messages. You phone is operating as intended.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us again. You can find additional support at our user forum www.htcwiki.com. There is also a customer satisfaction survey for you to take if you are interested.

Sam
HTC Tech Support
http://www.htc.com
Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO!!!!

dlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I cant believe they did that as a feature.....I want my messages read because I use S2U2 and sometimes bypass TF3D.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro