PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

..TJ.. is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Htc touch pro help

I tried searching and browsing for hours on how to do this but just cant get it right. I tried twice failed both times so now I finally decided to make a thread.

I have Htc touch pro and as most of you know its SLOW. I get a text hit the button wait a few seconds then it finally shows up I send a text and takes forever. Everything on the phone is just lagggy. So I decided its time to get a rom. I want a fast rom thats all I care about is making my phone fast. I have read guides and turtorials and I cant understand everything and need help. I need a noob friendly tuturial pictures or video better but just easy guide that I can use to put a fast rom. Or if any of you would like to help me over aim, myspace chat, or facebook chat, and maybe yahoo if I can get password I would GREATLY appreciate them help. Thank you for taking your time to read this and hopefully I can get my phone working like a dream.

ps. I already backed up everything I need on my phone wich is just basically contacs
Old 09-10-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor
Re: Htc touch pro help

there is a guide for the touch pro looks like you are on sprint and cdma??

nyway in the cdma upgrade section there is a video tutorial which I used and after that it is simple, just to decide on a rom that is the hard part, there are alot of great chefs that have good roms.

mighty Rom
ssk
demolition (current one that I am using)

here is the link:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854: please read and watch in very detail. ask before you do something that you are not comfortable with as this process may brick your device
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Pretty much just take your time, and read EVERYTHING before you do anything. I know that's a LOT of reading but it's well worth it. As long as you read you won;t have to worry about bricking your phone.

Happy flashing!!!

PS: I highly recommend MightyROM6. His ROMs are always the most stable.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

..TJ.. is a n00b

I read it I just dont understand I get like 5 diffrent cabs and it says click link and I get even more cabs and then it says other stuff
Old 09-10-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP||| Omnia ||| Touch
Carrier: VZW

trdspectacoma is becoming a great contributor

the first link is for the unlocker, find the right one for the sprint.
the second link is the link to the video on youtube.

the next links is for the chefs on which roms.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..TJ.. View Post
I read it I just dont understand I get like 5 diffrent cabs and it says click link and I get even more cabs and then it says other stuff
Why are you downloading CABs? There shouldn't be any CABs invloved in flashing a ROM. Check out these threads...

Video Walkthrough
Unlocker
ROMs
Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

First I would like to say Welcome.

The first steps in unlocking your phones potential is to..
1) unlock the device.
2) install one of the many custom Roms around this site.
3) become addicted to visiting this site and keeping your phone up to date.

There are members that are totally addicted to flashing the latest Rom releases. Then there are those that find a Rom that suits them and stick with it for a while. I belong to the second camp, and yet I am here everyday whether it is to see the latest developments or to try and help if i can.

Follow the steps given in the previous post and you will be on your way. Be patient, the first time you try to do this may take some time. When you do it often enough you will have you phone re-flashed up and running within one hour with all of your contacts programs and settings intact. It just takes practice.

My suggestion to you is if you wish to find something within these forums, use a google search term ie: "ppcgeeks unlock touch pro"

Good Luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro