PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PoopySox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
From Sprint to Alltel, Back to Sprint.

Ok, about 3 months ago I purchased a Sprint TP. I unlocked, flashed, and configured for Alltel. Company just gave me a line on their Sprint company plan so I need to go back to sprint. Here are the steps I have taken thus far:

1. Unlocked with Hard-SPL. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
2. Installed Shipped Sprint Rom. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
3. Updated PRL.
4. Updated MNC & MCC.

When I try to use the *2 option to activate the phone, I still get the alltel message. I have been pouring over these boards for 2 days now trying to find information to get this back onto the sprint network and have been unable to come up with anything. I even went back to the dates when I originally flashed to alltel to see the steps I took so I can do them in reverse, yet I can't find them. What am I missing here?

Questions:
1. Does anyone have a link to QPST? I believe I used this to work through the change.
2. What other information do I need to get this thing going?

I appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put in, it helped me get to where I was a few days ago. I hate to ask for more, but I'm literally .

Thanks in advance.

**UPDATE: Installed new .CAB from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=alltel+sprint

Last edited by PoopySox; 09-01-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: From Sprint to Alltel, Back to Sprint.

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hmm.. Installing the shipped rom *should* change all your EPST settings back to sprint. if you are still getting the alltel message when you dial *2 it would seem like you still have an alltel PRL??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopySox View Post
Ok, about 3 months ago I purchased a Sprint TP. I unlocked, flashed, and configured for Alltel. Company just gave me a line on their Sprint company plan so I need to go back to sprint. Here are the steps I have taken thus far:

1. Unlocked with Hard-SPL. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
2. Installed Shipped Sprint Rom. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
3. Updated PRL.
4. Updated MNC & MCC.

When I try to use the *2 option to activate the phone, I still get the alltel message. I have been pouring over these boards for 2 days now trying to find information to get this back onto the sprint network and have been unable to come up with anything. I even went back to the dates when I originally flashed to alltel to see the steps I took so I can do them in reverse, yet I can't find them. What am I missing here?

Questions:
1. Does anyone have a link to QPST? I believe I used this to work through the change.
2. What other information do I need to get this thing going?

I appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put in, it helped me get to where I was a few days ago. I hate to ask for more, but I'm literally .

Thanks in advance.

**UPDATE: Installed new .CAB from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=alltel+sprint

If you have your MSL code for your phone, Try seeing if your MDN and MSID are what they are supposed to be. also try a profile update on the stock sprint rom. Before you do all this. there is a tab on the ##786# then enter your MSL code. Choose to reset information. your phone will hard reset. let it configure again and let it go through its normal outo provisioning. if it is sucsessful it will restart and hopefully your settings will be there.

try that!

Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PoopySox is a n00b

Don't have the MSL code, but my MSID is my phone # with area code. MCC is set to 310 and MNC is set to 02. MDN is also my phone #. Any idea what the MSL code is?

Running the ##786# right now. Seems the code was 000000.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Laying low in smoke

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you have service with sprint already, its just a matter of calling CS and asking what your MSL code is. I just called 3 days agon and got it from them. if they ask why you need it, just tell them that you forgot to print out the information sheet when you activated the phone and you like to keep all that information backed up. They should give it to you.

also its a good idea to keep that number in case of future modifying.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Laying low in smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopySox View Post
Don't have the MSL code, but my MSID is my phone # with area code. MCC is set to 310 and MNC is set to 02. MDN is also my phone #. Any idea what the MSL code is?

Running the ##786# right now. Seems the code was 000000.

Oh yes. you have it configured to Alltel still. do the steps I mentioned and see if it works.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm thinking you are gunna need to your msl code and you are going to need to download ANY sprint prl and update the prl through EPST by dialing ##778# and THEN you should be able to dial *2 to update the sprint prl. I think you still have an alltel prl on there.

Stock shipped rom should change all the EPST settings back to sprint, but i think you are still gunna need to manually update to a sprint prl
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

So, you *had* to come back to Sprint huh? Good luck with the activation again

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PoopySox is a n00b

Gentleman,
I wanted to thank you all for your help. All I had to do was dial ##786# and it reset everything back to Sprint. Sorry I never got back to you all with an update. Everyone is getting a BIG thanks from me!

- Jeremy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro