PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

toastman4life is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Why does it take to long to pick up a Call

I have the Pro by sprint.. and this is my third phone and I have to repeatly push the talk button to pick a call..

Nebody else had this problem ?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work
Re: Why does it take to long to pick up a Call

flash a mighty, silence, energy, or sss rom...lol

All jokes aside, the phone will take a little bit to answer unless optimized further then what it already is. I would suggest checking out the TP Tweaks section or if comfortable enough, flashing an already optimized rom. This little things will change the whole speed experience you are currently having with your TP currently.

Another option is downloading "Advanced Configuration" and disabling the dialer skin. Much faster but less eye candy. Hope ths helps.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Does it to me too. Not sure why.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

HTCs bloated dialer does it... some versions of S2U2, def do it.. some S2As do it as well...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yea, according to Pocketshield, its the NON Windows dialer. And using it shows proof that the HTC one is slooooooooooooooooow. Aside from using Pocketshield to change, im not sure how to.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

If you use advanced config or diamond tweak to shut off the data connection after so many minutes, it will cause a long delay in being able to answer a call. Have you used either of those programs?
Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If you use advanced config or diamond tweak to shut off the data connection after so many minutes, it will cause a long delay in being able to answer a call. Have you used either of those programs?

This is correct, check your registry for this key,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\ Settings] SuspendResume

It should say #777, and not anything about GPRS.

I almost think this fix should be a stickied notification thread at the top of the Touch Pro forum, I see so many threads with people having this problem.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 01-11-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, EPIC
Carrier: sprint

kazuya_83 is a n00b

I changed My registry to above and it still does it, Have new stock rom and advanced config tool and shell 3.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro