PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oem to cab

is there any program that will make a cab file out of an oem? im trying to use dcd's rom but since it is a barebones rom i have to install all the programs i want via cab or by using the kitchen. BUT since i dont know how to use bepes style kitchen, i want to use cabs. anyways, i want the latest versions of my programs but can only find them as oem packages. is there any program that will help me do a cab from an oem that is easy to use? also, a possible tutorial? ive used wince cab manager but cant figure out where the files of my oems go. any suggestions?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:24 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: oem to cab

i personally dont know of the programs youd need, because i dont really mess with stuff like that..

however i read alot on here, most of the oems are cabbed up if you look for em... they get requested one at a time eventually, just have to know what your looking for
Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

just look at the initflashfiles.txt [oem] or the app.dat [ext]. It will tell you where the files are going.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
just look at the initflashfiles.txt [oem] or the app.dat [ext]. It will tell you where the files are going.
im not getting any of those two files. im trying to use the gen-y manila oem as an example because there is no cab after the fixes, just an oem. so when i search the folder for any of those files, they dont show up. ive also tried searching for the extensions only and look at the list of files that come up with that extension and nothing
Old 08-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
im not getting any of those two files. im trying to use the gen-y manila oem as an example because there is no cab after the fixes, just an oem. so when i search the folder for any of those files, they dont show up. ive also tried searching for the extensions only and look at the list of files that come up with that extension and nothing
oh well for the fixes they just gp in the \windows directory, make a cab and point the fixes there. you can also copy them to the windows directory with total commander or resco explorer
Old 08-26-2009, 03:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
oh well for the fixes they just gp in the \windows directory, make a cab and point the fixes there. you can also copy them to the windows directory with total commander or resco explorer
is there any other way you recomend bike? it sounds a lil difficult for me just to do it just by myself without actually knowing what to do. and thats because im not the type of person that doesnt catch up quick
Old 08-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
is there any other way you recomend bike? it sounds a lil difficult for me just to do it just by myself without actually knowing what to do. and thats because im not the type of person that doesnt catch up quick
haha okay well do you know how to make a cab?
if so what app do you use?
for wince cab manager you would drag all the fixes to the files, then go to cabinet at the top>properties>installation directory: now select the Windows directory, hit okay then save the file as a cab and its ready to be installed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

dyl4n is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
is there any program that will make a cab file out of an oem? im trying to use dcd's rom but since it is a barebones rom i have to install all the programs i want via cab or by using the kitchen. BUT since i dont know how to use bepes style kitchen, i want to use cabs. anyways, i want the latest versions of my programs but can only find them as oem packages. is there any program that will help me do a cab from an oem that is easy to use? also, a possible tutorial? ive used wince cab manager but cant figure out where the files of my oems go. any suggestions?
There is a program by ShaDra over at XDADev that I've used. All you do is select the OEM folder and it does it automatically.

"It converts rgu/reg/xml/provxml files, create _setup.xml, create all the different install paths to optimize for Extendir (optionally you can switch this off)" Shadra

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=4

Extendir Cabs.zip

Not sure as it's meant to compress for his Extendir optimization. Worth a shot IMO.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
haha okay well do you know how to make a cab?
if so what app do you use?
for wince cab manager you would drag all the fixes to the files, then go to cabinet at the top>properties>installation directory: now select the Windows directory, hit okay then save the file as a cab and its ready to be installed
to be honest, ive tried to make a cab using wince cab manager but get stuck because i always try to do them using an oem. i think i can make cabs for my personal files such as ringtones and stuff like that, but ive never tried it. another thing, i need to install wince cab manager because i just restored my computer so i dont have it installed. ill try to install it and get back to you as soon as possible, but please be patient because ive always wanted to find out how to do one!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyl4n View Post
There is a program by ShaDra over at XDADev that I've used. All you do is select the OEM folder and it does it automatically.

"It converts rgu/reg/xml/provxml files, create _setup.xml, create all the different install paths to optimize for Extendir (optionally you can switch this off)" Shadra

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=4

Extendir Cabs.zip

Not sure as it's meant to compress for his Extendir optimization. Worth a shot IMO.
tried this out, i looked for a random oem, in this case it was the vga oem of htc addicts clean ram, and it was able to do it, but just cant see if it worked since it didnt make any shortcut on my programs menu, so therefore cant use it on my pro. also, i just checked if it was installed and it did go fine, even did a soft reset afterwards.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro