PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Ultimate chef wanted?

I was thinking today, why do all the GSM users receive all these new fancy ROMS first? (I know why you don't need to tell me) So why can't we just have a Chef that would be super dedicated and I was thinking, maybe we could. I know it takes a lot of work, but I would pay some good money to have the latest even if not greatest ROM's for CDMA. People don't bash me here, just a thought!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Ultimate chef wanted?

Have you looked in the Upgrades section Here at PPCGEEKS? These are 95 % CDMA roms here. There are over 1300+ threads in the CDMA section and 18 threads in the GSM. So where exactly are you seeing all these other great GSM roms.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 08-22-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

xda developers
and typically most roms are gsm first. That is very true =/ but some gsm chefs (NRGZ) do port their roms to cdma so that is good
Old 08-22-2009, 10:01 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
I was thinking today
ut oh, there ya go thinkin again... lol..

noir's right.. it's the devices. gsm gets newer phones and roms more frequent than cdma so it's easy to port for other gsm phones, just takes a bit of time to switch over to cdma.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Have you looked in the Upgrades section Here at PPCGEEKS? These are 95 % CDMA roms here. There are over 1300+ threads in the CDMA section and 18 threads in the GSM. So where exactly are you seeing all these other great GSM roms.
Exactly what everyone else is saying, GSM gets it first over at XDA. So I was saying it would be nice to have that luxury as well, someone correct me if I wasn't clear enough.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Exactly what everyone else is saying, GSM gets it first over at XDA. So I was saying it would be nice to have that luxury as well, someone correct me if I wasn't clear enough.
i will correct you, xda only gets them first because they deal with phones worldwide. When it comes to cdma roms we get ours just as fast. I believe its conflipper who always has the sprint roms and inside info, plus he already has the 6.5 kernal, and he's on ppcgeeks. Plus if you want a rom that bad why not just get into cooking your own, the kitchens on ppcgeeks are easy to use and you can keep as up to date as you want because you can get a sys or oem from anywhere. The only thing i'm sad about is i had an ultimate chef, Calkulin, but he has stepped down from his throne and is no longer making roms
Old 08-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

daqq is just getting started

You should become a cook. Then you could spend all your time making roms. And then you could become rich.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Both of the last two comments I could not agree with you more. I build/fix/work on computers all the time. I majoring in film production in college right now because I do video editing and motion graphics. I love learning new things! Could either of you two point me in the right direction for these instruction on how to start cooking?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Both of the last two comments I could not agree with you more. I build/fix/work on computers all the time. I majoring in film production in college right now because I do video editing and motion graphics. I love learning new things! Could either of you two point me in the right direction for these instruction on how to start cooking?
read this
best kitchen IMO.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank I will take a good look into this stuff, hopefully when I make my first ROM you will be able to try out it and give me some pointers. I just took a look at you work at looks very nice!

Edit:Okay that all looks pretty cool, but how do I make my custom graphics. I not asking how to use Photoshop and illustrator because I already know how, but like NRG had all his custom icons and backgrounds, that part!

Last edited by Alksion; 08-24-2009 at 03:24 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro