PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Best phone- Touch Pro or Diamond- Verizon
Touch Pro 38 84.44%
Diamond 7 15.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro vs. Diamond

I have an oppertunity to upgrade to a Touch Pro or a Diamond. Which one do you guys think is the best. Had 6700 then 6800. Got the Touch Pro today but may swap it out if you guys think the diamond is best. Thanks for the input. I am on Verizon by the way.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Touch Pro vs. Diamond

It really just boils down to whether you want a physical keyboard or not, and the extra bulk that goes with it. The Verizon Diamond also has a lot less ROM.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=1365&id2=1547

Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference.

Last edited by 8notime; 08-20-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:04 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, whatever happens to the slot, ooops SD slot,that is important to most of us. I can live without hard kb as I DONT use it, but not SD.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Dude, whatever happens to the slot, ooops SD slot,that is important to most of us. I can live without hard kb as I DONT use it, but not SD.
Are you saying the diamond has no SD slot for external storage?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:28 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

unless VZ diamond is different frm Sprint,then answer is NO.Here are the specs, IT SAYS IT DOES have slot...lol
http://www.htc.com/us/product/touchd...ification.html

Last edited by HBOOT; 08-20-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, the slot was the one thing that made the Verizon version better, but in exchange they gimped the ROM space. The whole Verizon Touch Pro/Diamond release was a complete debacle. Luckily, they will be making up for it with the upcoming TP2 and the Whitestone.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
DaFlowMaster

so 8notime, u Sprint, VZ dude or both?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

Touch Pro bro. i went from a 6900 to the TP and man do i love it lol
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

qwertywarez is just getting started

I was using a Diamond at one point and was dieing to get the Touch Pro. When I finally did, I ended up keeping it only 3 months before selling it and re-activating my Diamond. The pro is way too FAT to be any fun. Dont wear anything too fitting with the Pro. Looks foolish when you wear it on your belt.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
so 8notime, u Sprint, VZ dude or both?
lol, I had a Sprint Diamond, and then switched to the Sprint Touch Pro. The service (text messaging specifically) on Sprint wasn't working out so well for me, so I switched to Verizon and hacked my Sprint Pro to work on their network. But then the chrome on my Sprint Pro cracked about a month ago so I replaced it with a new one, but in order to do that I had to get a Verizon Pro so I could copy some settings off of it over to the new Sprint Pro. Last weekend I bought a T-Mobile TP2, because I'm dying to have something new to try out until the new Verizon TP2 comes out. Did that make your head spin? haha
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro