PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rogermass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro WON"T Turn on without soft reset

I've had the Touch Pro for awhile. No problems. Then all of a sudden when I turn it off it will NOT turn back on without a soft reset. This is a MAJOR problem because I miss calls and appointments. The battery is fully charged. I can't figure out if it's a power issue, a memory issue (shouldn't be, I have 139 mb free) or what. It's not the device either...this is the 2nd one and it's happened on both of them. Could it be some rougue [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]application[/COLOR][/COLOR] I have installed? I have a lot of stuff on it for sure. Can anyone HELP and has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Touch Pro WON"T Turn on without soft reset

Sounds like the cabs you added, what rom are you using? and an idea, back up your contacts (pimbackup) and save what you want to keep on your card and do a hard reset(settings/ clear storage) and start over, and the cabs one at a time with a delay of about 30 min or so, that would help you figure it out for sure it it is a cab or hardware, the power button could have failed as well.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rogermass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Sounds like the cabs you added, what rom are you using? and an idea, back up your contacts (pimbackup) and save what you want to keep on your card and do a hard reset(settings/ clear storage) and start over, and the cabs one at a time with a delay of about 30 min or so, that would help you figure it out for sure it it is a cab or hardware, the power button could have failed as well.
Using the stock Sprint rom that came with it, I'm looking to avoid individually reinstalling the many, many apps I have on the device and hoping to find someone who has had this problem and solved it. Or perhaps a setting or parameter or rogue application that has either been corrupted or needs to be reset. Most likely not the power button since this is the 2nd device that's had the same problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Are you in a poor signal area? Are you using an application such as FlexMail? I had that problem occasionally with FlexMail and once I deleted it, the problem has not come back.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

If it's not Flexmail, since it's a problem with 2 consecutive TPs, I'm going to agree that it's probably a software issue with something you've installed. (People that have gone through 8 TPs may disagree, but we'll just stick with the odds here, particularly since you said you have installed "many, many" apps - the more you install, the greater chance of problems like this). Have you installed any button managers (AE Button Plus, dredsensor, keyboard driver cab, etc.)? Any power control panel apps, like things that enable fast charging or tweak power/backlight settings? Any locking apps like Pocketshield, S2U2, sensorlock, devicelock, etc.? I'm not singling any of those apps out (I use some of them with great results), but there might be an incompatibility.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

I also believe is a cab problem, it happen to me with a htc touch i install to many cab and then the screen went black and i had to reset the phone pressing the end call button, receive call button and the power button... just try that with your but i dont know exactly how to do it with the touch pro.... hope it help
Old 08-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rogermass is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
If it's not Flexmail, since it's a problem with 2 consecutive TPs, I'm going to agree that it's probably a software issue with something you've installed. (People that have gone through 8 TPs may disagree, but we'll just stick with the odds here, particularly since you said you have installed "many, many" apps - the more you install, the greater chance of problems like this). Have you installed any button managers (AE Button Plus, dredsensor, keyboard driver cab, etc.)? Any power control panel apps, like things that enable fast charging or tweak power/backlight settings? Any locking apps like Pocketshield, S2U2, sensorlock, devicelock, etc.? I'm not singling any of those apps out (I use some of them with great results), but there might be an incompatibility.
I'm sorry to agree with you and hoped for a simpler answer. This is a really devious problem. It was ok until I did a few minor things (installations, downloads, etc.). I undid the things but it didn't help. I hope someone will have a simple answer or that it will just go away again as it did before. Flexmail does not seem to be the problem either.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G, Motorola I9, Motorola I930
Carrier: Sprint, Boost Unlimited, Nextel Mexico.

xxdjvalexx is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Touch Pro WON"T Turn on without soft reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermass View Post
I've had the Touch Pro for awhile. No problems. Then all of a sudden when I turn it off it will NOT turn back on without a soft reset. This is a MAJOR problem because I miss calls and appointments. The battery is fully charged. I can't figure out if it's a power issue, a memory issue (shouldn't be, I have 139 mb free) or what. It's not the device either...this is the 2nd one and it's happened on both of them. Could it be some rougue [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]application[/COLOR][/COLOR] I have installed? I have a lot of stuff on it for sure. Can anyone HELP and has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem. I just got a TP from alltel for my wife and I flashed it to cricket. My problem is that when I go and change the pst settings and it asks me to update the items, the phone just turns off, or it does the update of the items and when it says press ok to reset it turns off and doesn't do anything unless I press the power button on the top. It is a pain because nothing on the pst settings updates and the data connection doesn't work because of this. Anybody's heard of something like this??

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro