PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Renamed storage card?

Ok so this is weird. Im using my 8 gig card to load apps on my new TP before i switch it over. When i put it back in my phone some apps wouldn't work and i noticed that it had been named StorageCard2. I tried to rename it, but it wouldn't let me. Im thinking this happened because i got a text message while the card was out, but id like to fix it since i wont be switching till i can run the battery down and up a few times.

So, any idea?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:16 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Renamed storage card?

Do you have a folder called StorageCard?

If so, remove your Storage Card, delete the StorageCard folder and reinsert your card.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeah I have couple ideas as this happened to me twice or so before I FIGURED IT OUT.
1. Dont freak out, it can be resolved.
2.This hapened prolly coz u just unplug the USB too quick before the PC finished disconnecting from the SD, this actually can toast the SD, that happened to me with the mogul
3.Apps that are not running are installed on SD,
4.When TP doesnt see the SD it creates another folder, that is why u c SD2
5.Now, I fussed with that isht for a little while,try to nudge the SD card in,ouT,rename....no go
6. Connect your TP to PC/Laptop, active sync ,make sure now that you see your TP guts, you may not see SD, disconect properly, meaning disconect device,wait,device is now disconnected....you wil be back to normal, delete SD2,
7.Next time, be cool and wait,dont disconnect quICKly the USB from TP
Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...
Threadstarter

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Do you have a folder called StorageCard?

If so, remove your Storage Card, delete the StorageCard folder and reinsert your card.
Thanks that worked.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:58 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon Pro View Post
Thanks that worked.
Sweet!

I hadn't actually heard or seen this happen on the TP. I've only had it happen several times on my Mogul.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

the apps need to find "storage card" and since it cant find it it makes the folder. happened to me when i had my email set up to download everyhing to the storage card and i took the card out.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:44 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
the apps need to find "storage card" and since it cant find it it makes the folder. happened to me when i had my email set up to download everyhing to the storage card and i took the card out.
Maybe that's why I haven't seen this happen on my TP...I don't download attachments automatically anymore and when I do, I just have them go to Internal Memory (I RARELY have to download an attachment from E-Mail).

That or since the SD card isn't being actively used like it has been in the past when I would download all attachments and run Direct Push all the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro