PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Renamed storage card? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79231)

Talon Pro 08-13-2009 12:15 PM

Renamed storage card?

Ok so this is weird. Im using my 8 gig card to load apps on my new TP before i switch it over. When i put it back in my phone some apps wouldn't work and i noticed that it had been named StorageCard2. I tried to rename it, but it wouldn't let me. Im thinking this happened because i got a text message while the card was out, but id like to fix it since i wont be switching till i can run the battery down and up a few times.

So, any idea?

MadlyAlive 08-13-2009 12:16 PM

Re: Renamed storage card?

Do you have a folder called StorageCard?

If so, remove your Storage Card, delete the StorageCard folder and reinsert your card.

HBOOT 08-13-2009 01:13 PM

Yeah I have couple ideas as this happened to me twice or so before I FIGURED IT OUT.
1. Dont freak out, it can be resolved.:mrgreen:
2.This hapened prolly coz u just unplug the USB too quick before the PC finished disconnecting from the SD, this actually can toast the SD, that happened to me with the mogul
3.Apps that are not running are installed on SD,
4.When TP doesnt see the SD it creates another folder, that is why u c SD2
5.Now, I fussed with that isht for a little while,try to nudge the SD card in,ouT,rename....no go
6. Connect your TP to PC/Laptop, active sync ,make sure now that you see your TP guts, you may not see SD, disconect properly, meaning disconect device,wait,device is now disconnected....you wil be back to normal, delete SD2,
7.Next time, be cool and wait,dont disconnect quICKly the USB from TP:mrgreen:

Talon Pro 08-13-2009 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 1098752)
Do you have a folder called StorageCard?

If so, remove your Storage Card, delete the StorageCard folder and reinsert your card.

Thanks that worked.

MadlyAlive 08-13-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1099130)
Thanks that worked.

Sweet!

I hadn't actually heard or seen this happen on the TP. I've only had it happen several times on my Mogul.

psycho_maniac 08-13-2009 03:21 PM

the apps need to find "storage card" and since it cant find it it makes the folder. happened to me when i had my email set up to download everyhing to the storage card and i took the card out.

MadlyAlive 08-13-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1099204)
the apps need to find "storage card" and since it cant find it it makes the folder. happened to me when i had my email set up to download everyhing to the storage card and i took the card out.

Maybe that's why I haven't seen this happen on my TP...I don't download attachments automatically anymore and when I do, I just have them go to Internal Memory (I RARELY have to download an attachment from E-Mail).

That or since the SD card isn't being actively used like it has been in the past when I would download all attachments and run Direct Push all the time.