PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom
Carrier: Sprint

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [new edits]So You Want To Use Your TP/TP2 As A Modem??? Your Main Options...

Awesome i was wondering why the internet sharing wasnt working. when i used the Active sync option. but when i went to internet sharing it works fine sweet. thanks for the help
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

couch-flyer is a n00b
Re: [new edits]So You Want To Use Your TP/TP2 As A Modem??? Your Main Options...

boredandtattooed this, your cab, works great, thanks.
I am using now as I am typing this.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

lol wow, hadnt checked this in awhile.. same ole tethering cab in post 1 still always works without fail on tps and tp2s w/o fail
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Keep'n It Cool is a n00b

Ok this seems to be the best place to post this, I have installed Mightyrom6 on my Sprint TP. I am trying to do internet sharing via USB and when the internet sharing program pops up I can select USB or Bluetooth but I can't click connect. What do I need to do to fix this??
Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep'n It Cool View Post
Ok this seems to be the best place to post this, I have installed Mightyrom6 on my Sprint TP. I am trying to do internet sharing via USB and when the internet sharing program pops up I can select USB or Bluetooth but I can't click connect. What do I need to do to fix this??
Check out post #1 (bet the "ForceCellConnection" registry key's causing that)
Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Keep'n It Cool is a n00b

Shouldn't that have been fixed with the Mightyrom 6 install?? I have also tried installing the tethering cab and that didn't fix it. Guess this doesn't really matter now because it is working with the WM WIFIrouter now. Thanks for the input though.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:06 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep'n It Cool View Post
Shouldn't that have been fixed with the Mightyrom 6 install?? I have also tried installing the tethering cab and that didn't fix it. Guess this doesn't really matter now because it is working with the WM WIFIrouter now. Thanks for the input though.
Not neccesarily @ installing said Rom... Data could need provisioning and thats why your connect key is/was greyed out.. update profile in settings>system may fix it... also you said you installed the tethering cab.. the one found here?? that shouldve worked, but Mike had his own tethering fix- the stealth (aka Tethering and Wmodem cab) located in post 1 of the Tweaks stickie.. i doubt it, but maybe Mike has his Roms set to work with his "fix"... its unlikely since thyre the same thing(both cabs are just a few reg changes really anyways)

I hope you soft reset after the install also, that makes a difference any time your changing reg entries..

sorry you couldnt get it working to your liking though.. WMWifiRouter is a great app, has alot more functions than any other wifi app aroound and always has... used it for years myself and still have it on all of my devices.. though i just use WifiRouter now a days..
Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SkinsFan is a n00b

Just a note .. I have been trying to get internet connection/wifi sharing going for over a year with no success. I tried pretty much all of the WM wifi sharing apps to work without progress. I eventually got Bluetooth sharing to work, but it didn't give me great speeds or connection. Finally, I tried the "Assassins Lament" Wifi sharing app, and I have now been using it successfully for over a month.

I HIGHLY recommend this app because it basically reinstalled a new Comm manager and set everything up. Even a (seeming) "smartphone" moron like me got it to work. Now, I hit one button in Comm manager and everything works. Awesome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
ics, pam, phone as modem, tether, tethering, wmwifirouter