PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod
Re: Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
Why doesn't every phone manufacturer give polished devices to begin with? If everything was perfect, forums like this one and others pertaining to other operating systems would not exist.
true that...

it because they want us to spend more money on their devices, for example batteries, software and so on...

is like when car manufactures switch from carburateror to fuel injection, because they never die and on fuel injection you have to maintain them at certain level for them to be functioning properly...

right?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

msl7052 is becoming a great contributor

Clearly you dont need a WM device if you thing the PRE is the answer. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd device might be worth a look, but theres a reason 30 percent are getting returned. I have a plam PRO and its a solid device, the PRE feels like some one made it out of recycled coke bottles. It has 0 apps and a great list of possibilities and maybe palm will come through with the next Iphone, but I doubt it. Ive had every PDA sprints offered since the TREO 650, and the Diamond and the PRO (in the right hands) are by far the most reliable and capable devices in the US. The Iphone is cool, but unfortunitly on an inferior network. Good luck with your PRE, your always welcome back in the WM world.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Who will be the person who decides when a device is "perfect?" What one person wants may be a lot different than the next. If you leave something out to make the device speedier or more stable then another person will complain that something is not there. No device can ever be "perfect." Although I agree, some things about some devices are really inexcusible. Hardware keyboards must be much more durable. Batteries should never get so hot as to melt or destroy the device.Good luck with the Pre. Hope you got a good one!
Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl7052 View Post
Clearly you dont need a WM device if you thing the PRE is the answer. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd device might be worth a look, but theres a reason 30 percent are getting returned. I have a plam PRO and its a solid device, the PRE feels like some one made it out of recycled coke bottles. It has 0 apps...
I have a Pre and the construction feels pretty good in my hands. Also, there are lots of apps available for the Pre.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Clearly you dont need a WM device if you thing the PRE is the answer. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd device might be worth a look, but theres a reason 30 percent are getting returned. I have a plam PRO and its a solid device, the PRE feels like some one made it out of recycled coke bottles. It has 0 apps and a great list of possibilities and maybe palm will come through with the next Iphone, but I doubt it. Ive had every PDA sprints offered since the TREO 650, and the Diamond and the PRO (in the right hands) are by far the most reliable and capable devices in the US. The Iphone is cool, but unfortunitly on an inferior network. Good luck with your PRE, your always welcome back in the WM world.
true that, when i used to have the palm pro it felt rock solid compared to the pre, as the diamond feel better than the touch pro in my opinion.

i think candy bar (form factor) phone feel better cuz they dont have a sliding mechanism that feel toy like....

so you guys think that the pre fail miserably?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
Although the touch pro is a good device, winmo needs serious work (and I'm not talking about a coverup interface) so I felt the same way you do when I got my palm pre as well.... I'll see what wm7 has in store in the future to give it another chance (that is if webOS isn't totally killer by that time on the pace palm and webOS developers are pacing)

Ps. This thread shouuld be moved btw
WOW Mike, im really surprised about this quote bro...WM is truly the best bro...the htc devices arent all that great but tp2 is sick man even tho it has same internals as tp but come on......but im still surprised u say this knowin U like to install and change UI's like nuts
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-06-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

I do not think the Pre has/will fail. It is a cool phone for sure and the newest craze. It is all a matter of perspective and what you are looking for as a user. WinMo can be frustrating, but rewarding at the same time. I came from a Treo 750p or whatever it was and thoroughly enjoyed that phone which felt rock solid to say the least. The Pre however feels cheap in my hands. I had that phone (750p) for 2 years and never got the enjoyment out of it like I do the TP. The Pre appeals to many people because it is so functional out of the box. Many people do not want to take the time to tinker with WinMo or feel that they shouldn't have to in order for their phone to work properly. Agreed, but I for one felt the TP worked just fine with the Stock ROM out of the box for what I needed it to do. Make calls, text, email. I got the phone for like $150 so it was not much of a burden. People who complain the Pre doesn't have apps are crazy. The iPhone, which everyone wants to compare every phone to for some idiotic reason, did not have a plethora of apps when it first came out either. In fact, Steve Jobs did not initially feel that there was a need to have many apps and now look where they are at. Can't we just be happy that we are able to talk, search the web, play music, take pictures, etc etc etc with objects that fit in our pockets??
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
WOW Mike, im really surprised about this quote bro...WM is truly the best bro...the htc devices arent all that great but tp2 is sick man even tho it has same internals as tp but come on......but im still surprised u say this knowin U like to install and change UI's like nuts
Don't U think WM needs serious work?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigsexyy81 is just getting started

I had the Pre for a week. I fell in love with the device on first sight. But it got old faster than any other phone I've ever used.

1. CRAMMED KEYBOARD.
2. Cumbersome Calendar
3. Poor email application
4. Started bogging down once you had 4 or 5 windows open
5. Charging had a crappy interface unless you spent $80 for the Touchstone

In the end, it would probably make for a very nice personal phone, but nowhere near suited my needs as a business phone. To be perfectly honest, if I was going to get a separate personal phone, it would be a 3GS.

The Touch Pro clearly has it's quirks, but it has enormous potential which is what this site has shown. I'm having a blast tweaking and modding this thing, and it's got enough horsepower when unleashed to do a LOT.

Touch Pro for me.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bigsexyy81 is just getting started

Quote:
I used to be a Treo fanboy (still think the 700WX was one of the best and most solid devices ever) but the Treo Pro was so freakin' lackluster. I had some bugs with mine and returned it (and the Pre before it!) before I got the TP. Diggin the TP.

And you are right, the Pre has maybe 15-20 apps with only a few of them being slick.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro