PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Evo
Carrier: sprint

yruugly is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever!

Got rid of the touch pro for a palm pre. What a pile of poop the touch pro has been. I am a firm believer that the reason all these roms exist is to polish a turd and we know that can not be done. Thanks for all the hard work of the cooks, good luck with the polishing. See you in the pre section.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Dumped my touch pro!! Best thing ever!

Although the touch pro is a good device, winmo needs serious work (and I'm not talking about a coverup interface) so I felt the same way you do when I got my palm pre as well.... I'll see what wm7 has in store in the future to give it another chance (that is if webOS isn't totally killer by that time on the pace palm and webOS developers are pacing)

Ps. This thread shouuld be moved btw
Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

yruugly is just getting started

Ya sorry meant to post in the main section not upgrades .
Old 08-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I currently have a Diamond and a Pre. I gave my wife my TP and I got the Pre. I agree that in many ways the Pre is better, but there are also several things that annoy me about it and drive me back to using my Diamond every now and then.

1) I like the level of detail I can have on one home screen of my Diamond. The Pre gives me a wallpaper and 5 shortcuts. The form is boring and I could go for more function.

2) I don't like the keyboard. It's miserable to type on and I am way faster on my Diamond with TouchPal and faster still on my wife's TP. In addition, the lack of arrows to move the cursor make it a pain to go back and make a change or correction.

3) When I needed to find an old email in my outlook accout yesterday I was disappointed to find out that I was unable to search the server from my Pre.

4) I can't get on the WiFi network on my job because the browser offers no option to accept certificates that need to be agreed upon before browsing.

It's a great device, but i don't want to discount how well WinMo does many things. WinMo may not be the smoothest or most user friendly, but it sure gets the job done, and so far, from my experience, that's more jobs than the Pre.

Last edited by mlin; 08-06-2009 at 12:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deprecated is just getting started

This thread, albeit short, has provided me quite a bit of insight on something I've been contemplating for a week or two now: switching to the palm pre. As a Touch Pro user, I understand and share many of these frustrations, but I will admit it is probably the best device I've had. I am hesitant to get rid of it outright, replacing it with a pre. Perhaps we could get more user responses here, from both camps? While 'premature' and 'overhyped', the pre is a very attractive device. Thanks in advance for sharing your stories!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Why is this thread here in this forum? And yes, turds can be polished...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBj6PonX14A

Last edited by ManUtd07; 08-06-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
Why is this thread here in this forum? And yes, turds can be polished.
So why they sell us devices with turd anyways? Why not WM give us polished devices already?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yruugly View Post
Got rid of the touch pro for a palm pre. What a pile of poop the touch pro has been. I am a firm believer that the reason all these roms exist is to polish a turd and we know that can not be done. Thanks for all the hard work of the cooks, good luck with the polishing. See you in the pre section.
you the man brother.....

im about to do the same..... hehehe

but ima still keep the diamond.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Why doesn't every phone manufacturer give polished devices to begin with? If everything was perfect, forums like this one and others pertaining to other operating systems would not exist.

Edit: Sorry, did not see the post saying you meant to put this in the main forum. My bad. My stance is still the same on the ability to polish turds!! If it's on TV, it has to be true, right?!

Last edited by ManUtd07; 08-06-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd07 View Post
Why doesn't every phone manufacturer give polished devices to begin with? If everything was perfect, forums like this one and others pertaining to other operating systems would not exist.
The LG fusic does not have a forum. Does it mean it's perfect?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro