PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20
Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslevi@gmail.com View Post
Howdy,

I work for a Sprint indirect dealer and can tell you that the reason we often steer people away from the touch pro is the maintenance the customers require after purchase.

Often people get it because it looks cool and it's expensive..they almost always end up hating it. Sprint then sends them a survey asking about the experience they had in the store and they give us a 1 based on how frustrated they are with the phone. That 1 generally ends up costing the rep about 10% of his paycheck.

I just wanted to point that out to everyone who's so eager to put all of the blame on the rep. Sprint advertises that every customer is going to leave an expert and then implements sales quotas that are impossible to hit if we spent the required time that would take with every customer.

Would be wise to take into account both sides to a story and the external factors effecting it before referring to a whole group of people in a diminutive manor.

Hi Thomas,

While an ignorant Rep is annoying, ignorance can be solved pretty easily. It's the reps who mislead and lie to get their numbers up that I have a problem with. The young lady that I had to correct to start this discussion was bragging about how she got her numbers up. And it wasn't because she didn't know about the phones in question, it was because she wanted higher numbers and didn't care enough to actually service the customer to get them.

So yes, maybe we could/should look at a problem as a whole and say that isht flows downhill from corporate, but personal responsibility is just that: Personal. I also think that these kind of issues contribute to Sprint (and probably other phone companies) being seen as untrustworthy and corrupt and thus should be dealt with from the top down.

But I guess it makes sites like these all the more important. An empowered consumer is a powerful ocnsumer.

nb
Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

NOhara24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FYI: Shady Sprint Sales

Sprint reps around here are SHADY. They told me the oil-looking spot on my screen is physical damage. Everything that's wrong with my phone. Physical damage on my part. Sprint needs better people. If i want anything done, i have to call asurion even then apparently my insurance covers nothing. This allows the tech to go about his business, but when he finally does come out of the dungeon he smells like pinecones and is giggling alot.

Last edited by NOhara24; 07-27-2009 at 12:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro