PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mikeyl is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Sharing and Local Network

I have the internet sharing working on my touch pro, my question is

How do I force my computer to go on the internet via the internet connection instead of my local ethernet connection?

my computer has a ethernet card that is connected to a local network that does not have internet.

I tether my phone and if i disable the ethernet card, I can surf the web, If i enable the card, the computer attempts to go on the internet via the ethernet card instead of my phone..

how do i force all wan activity to go through phone and all lan activity to go through ethernet?

also i'm using windows xp and bridging the two connections doesn't seem to work
Old 07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Internet Sharing and Local Network

If I'm understanding you correctly, you just need to go to

Settings-->Connections-->WiFi Then click on the name of your wireless network and change the "Connects to" option from "The Internet" to "Work"

Edit: I reread your post and I think I misunderstood the first time. You're tethering for internet access, but still want to keep LAN access through ethernet, is that correct?

Last edited by bedoig; 07-22-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

No I don't think that will work.

I have the same issue as the OP when I tether. It never really bothered me, but I'll find the solution. Hang tight OP.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

same issue here, but just went back to usb for my printer scanner.
also interested in a solution..
xp without activesync.

Last edited by shaggylive; 07-22-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Possible solutions:

If you open up Network Connections. Across the top click Advanced and Advanced Settings. you can then rearrange the priority of your connections. Make your Wifi top priority.

Try that, I'll keep looking.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

holy Crap! I never knew that menu was there!! how did I miss that!
actually I think I may have been in there before, but seriously wow..
my settings had my phone connection at the top, and I just enabled my card and I'm still browsing.. hmm, bet my router (r.i.p.) had something to do with my prob.

on another note, in that same Advanced menu I found the Dialup Preferences. now I can go back to the modem connection without constantly getting the prompts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro