PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Keep the new phone. You know where it has been. 9 24.32%
Get the refurb. Hope for the best. Hey, it's $75 28 75.68%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Keyboard Replacement Choice

Somewhere around April or May Sprint started doing a permanent fix to the keyboard problem. Only on the refurbs, though. They were taking NIB TP's and fixing the keyboards. My and a few others on here got TP's that had "0" time on usage, man date was May, etc. So, I guess it depends where it comes from, but the point is NIB is not going to do you any good unless HTC has started another manufacturing round, which I doubt. So, take the money and, eventually if not this time, you will come up with a good one. Worse case, you can go through a couple more and make a case for a free TP@, right? I know you are a custom ROM'er, so reloading is a breeze for you, Ninja. I am surprised they make you go the 40 miles. I live in a very rural area (forest) and I never go to a retail store. You might be able to make a case for exchanges to be sent to you. Hope this helps!

matt
Old 07-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Dont be a sissy Ninja, get the refurb and go from there
The next thing we hear is the thwap sound cause by a boot to the head that would make Chuck Norris smile!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Threadstarter

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
The next thing we hear is the thwap sound cause by a boot to the head that would make Chuck Norris smile!
LOL ... Better watch out HB. LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey I didnt do anything, it was elmerphuker
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Hey I didnt do anything, it was elmerphuker
NICE!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, that dog is friggin funny a isht, nomsayin
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Is it within one year of the purchase date?
If so, they must give you a NIB (New In Box) replacement as stated in the manufacturing warranty.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

take the money and a refurb. ur lucky u got offered money on top of a replacement, ive gone through a dozen moguls and half a dozen tps and never been offered extra dough, a few times they did credit me $100 because i had to go through assuirion and order a new phone because sprint was oos. if its a bad refurb go through online advanced exhachange and they are usually quick, ull have another phone at ur door within 2 days with an empty envelope to mail back ur old one

Old 07-20-2009, 09:40 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Threadstarter

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Is it within one year of the purchase date?
If so, they must give you a NIB (New In Box) replacement as stated in the manufacturing warranty.
Yes, it is... but they insist that it could be a refurb.

Now I am waiting on it to show up. Unfortunately, I think customer service goofed and I might end up with 2. Not sure how that is going to work out. LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Threadstarter

Got a call from Sprint today. Apparently they did send out two phones by accident. 1 NIB and 1 Refurb. I am suppose to refuse the refurb at the door. AND they already credited my account they $75.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro