PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sarah1984 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crazy Screen Problem + Chrome issue question

The screen of my phone started acting CRAZY two days ago. It starts off normal (on the home screen)

and then after I push a button it looks like this:

the last one was me trying to take a picture of this forum

(BTW - There is no water damage; the weird looking areas in the top right and bottom left corner of the screen are bc I got sick of trying to put the screen protector on perfectly and said screw it )

The screen thing seems to be worse when I do something more taxing (can't think of a better word) on the phone - taking a picture, dialing, typing or trying to bring up Skyfire or Opera. Doing something like looking at a text doesn't make it quite as jumbled. Did a hard reset, but it didn't help. I brought it into the Sprint Store yesterday and left it there for them to "fix." The guy called today and said it was from a crack in the casing pinching a wire, but the screen wasn't doing that anymore and I could come pick it up... That brings me to the chrome issue. About a month after I got the phone, I noticed a piece of clear tape on the back of the screen portion. Took it off, noticed the chrome was cracked. Didn't really think much of it, since it was just after our 30 day and it didn't seem like a big deal -- phone worked fine. I didn't look then to see if it was cracked all the way through, but sure enough - when I picked it up from the Sprint store today, I looked and it was ... (btw, my phone has a manufacturing date of Jan 24, 2009 and doesn't seem to fall into the right #s of the known chrome issue. might try that angle w/CS anyways.)

My questions are 1) Has anyone else had this screen issue? how did it get resolved, bc the rep at the sprint store was wrong - it's definitely still jacked! and 2) with the chrome issue, was that just the chrome that was cracked or was it/did it ever turn into a cracked case too?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Crazy Screen Problem + Chrome issue question

I think the screen issue is enough to get a replacement... never seen nothing like that before

Did u try a hard reset?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sarah1984 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
I think the screen issue is enough to get a replacement
you'd think, but they're claiming it's from physical damage (cracked case) and my oh-so-wonderful DH didn't get the whole protection plan (just lost/stolen) bc "it comes with a warranty" ... So they gave me the option of paying the deductible to have it replaced even without the whole plan, but I don't want to pay the $100 for something I don't really think is from damage. (never dropped ... rarely leaves my house since I stay at home w/kids).

Hard reset - Yes Before bringing it in.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Thumbs up Re: Crazy Screen Problem + Chrome issue question

I think is a software problem and definately needs a change. I would take it to the store and have them replace on the spot but be nice about the wording.

Giovanny
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cdigga101 is a n00b

I had a screen issue like yours a week ago. I tried hard resets and rom changes, but no go. I thought it was software related but i think it was more hardware related. On my TP, there was slight wiggling room between the hardware keyboard and hardware screen when it was slid closed. So for the screen to work right, I had to hold screen portion at a certain angle for the screen to stop warbling. It even got to the point where i had to slide the screen a few millimeters out in order for the screen to work correctly. I have TEP so the Sprint store just ordered a refurb replacement. Try to call customer service and maybe you'll get a sympathetic ear. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Yep, time for a replacement!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger

I think is hardware related, seems like a loose connection. Replace it is my vote as well.

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro