PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extremely Dim Lock Screen

I've got Calkulins 21812 v.19 rom on my phone. When I have the screen locked (I set the long end press to lock screen) the screen dims so I can barely see it. Is there a way I can make is so the screen stays the same ilumination level when locked? Even touching the screen or the slider won't brighten it up, only when it's unlocked. Thanks.

Slevin
Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work
Re: Extremely Dim Lock Screen

Oh, I know there is a setting for this on the stock sprint ROM, I'm running a custom now and can't find it, I know because I used to turn it on all the time.

It's called "Dim backlight while locked" don't remember if its in power/backlight settings, or in the lock setting, but if you have the stock sprint ROM it should be in one of those two locations.

I can't believe I forgot all about this, I'm about to flash to stock sprint to see if I can find a registry key lol

Last edited by cchris81; 06-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Go to settings/power/backlight/ uncheck "Backlight is always dim while device is locked"

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Okay, this should do It for you, LMK if it works
Attached Files
File Type: cab LockedBacklight.cab (3.6 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
Okay, this should do It for you, LMK if it works
Hi, I checked the backlight settings in power, and I did have the box "Unchecked" for Backlikght is always dim when locked. I installed the cab and reset my phone, but when I lock the device the backgroud is still very dim??? Any other thoughts, I really hate it dim when locked.

Slevin
Old 06-16-2009, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
Hi, I checked the backlight settings in power, and I did have the box "Unchecked" for Backlikght is always dim when locked. I installed the cab and reset my phone, but when I lock the device the backgroud is still very dim??? Any other thoughts, I really hate it dim when locked.

Slevin

I'll let you in on a little secret if you grab me a pint of Carl's ice cream!!

There is a registry setting that is persistent when trying to change how dim the backlight is when the device is locked>

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

It's set to "0" and, while you can change the value, once you reset it will revert back to 0. Delete the key, and after a reset it will recreate itself. Rename the key, it will re-create itself after a reset. Kinda like herpes I guess....you think you've gotten rid of it and ***POOF*** -- flare up!!! (of course, not speaking from personal knowledge, just what I remember from 6th grade sex-ed!)
Old 06-16-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post

Slevin
Okay, the cab does the same thing as checking and unchecking the box. I don't have that setting on the ROM i'm using so I made a cab. You can possible try lumos. It a program I've been using but it was created becuase the defalt backlight auto adjust is a battery hog. After you install it, you have to configure it. basically put your finger over the sensor to get the lowest light value, and hold it up to a light to to get max value, then tell it the lowest value you can read something in a low or high light condition. It will walk you through it after installing and after a soft reset. This program works for me with the screen lock on as well. Here's the link for more information, or if you want to give it a shot:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450318
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret if you grab me a pint of Carl's ice cream!!

There is a registry setting that is persistent when trying to change how dim the backlight is when the device is locked>

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

It's set to "0" and, while you can change the value, once you reset it will revert back to 0. Delete the key, and after a reset it will recreate itself. Rename the key, it will re-create itself after a reset. Kinda like herpes I guess....you think you've gotten rid of it and ***POOF*** -- flare up!!! (of course, not speaking from personal knowledge, just what I remember from 6th grade sex-ed!)
One level up HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight is the key to enable and disable. it is called HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight : DimBKLinUnlockScreen

maybe the locklevel key and this one, have to be edited together.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
One level up HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight is the key to enable and disable. it is called HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight : DimBKLinUnlockScreen

maybe the locklevel key and this one, have to be edited together.
Yeah, I thought so too, but didn't happen. I'm giving Lumos a gander right now.....

{EDIT} Lumos doesn't work for me either. I even tried adding an exception for it, but it seems that registry key overrides it. Oh well.....looks like I'll just have to use my TP after dusk......

Last edited by signal34; 06-16-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Slevin is a n00b

It's weird because I have loaded some ROM's and this isn't an issue. I only get it on a few ROM's I've used. It's a pain in the *** though and I hate it!!! Why would I want my screen to dim when it's locked so I CAN'T see the unlock slider, wtf!!!

Slevin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro