PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

debarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good workdebarron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Advanced Exchange...New or Refurb?

Does anyone know what type of TP Sprint is replacing through Advanced Exchange? New or Refurb? The hardware keyboard on my phone stopped working today. It started acting up a few days ago where it wasn't catching all the keys I typed or sometimes typing letters multiple times. Today my phone was in the hot car all day and now it won't take any input, yet it still lights up. I, of course, have tried a soft & hard reset with no luck. I just got the phone about a month ago through a TEP upgrade from the Touch and I would like to get it replaced for another new phone and not a refurb. Just wondering if anyone has received a TP lately through Advanced Exchange and was it was new or a refurb. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Vertech is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint Advanced Exchange...New or Refurb?

I had another rainbow spot on my TP last week, I got mine exchanged with a refurb.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you, my friend, will most likely end up with a refurb if it's coming from tech support. asurion will replace it with a new one but you might end up light the deductable.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mlr_90 is a n00b

If your phone was replaced by Asurion - call Asurion about the problem. Asurion will replace it under warranty. Same thing happened to my wife's phone. Sprint sent a refurb. Told them that was unacceptable as the phone was barely a month old. Sent the refurb back and called Asurion. Phone arrive the next day - new in box. No charge. Sent old phone back minus battery so we ended up with extra accessories

Last edited by mlr_90; 06-02-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuffpjtwist2002 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pjtwist2002

yea u can just get a replacement but i would recommend asking to talk to a supervisor and tell them you do not want a refurb and and don't take a no for an answer then u can most likely get a new one.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mlr_90 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtwist2002 View Post
yea u can just get a replacement but i would recommend asking to talk to a supervisor and tell them you do not want a refurb and and don't take a no for an answer then u can most likely get a new one.
I went through about everyone at Sprint - from customer service reps to tech support to customer retentions. Stayed on the phone for 2 days and even went to a Sprint repair store. They called and got the same runaround. We pay Sprint $1800 a year and the best they could do to replace my wife's month old phone is send a refurb or offer $100 off the purchase of a new one. I was about fed up. As a last resort I called Asurion since they were the ones who provided the phones as upgrades to our Moguls. I was off the phone in ten minutes and a new phone was on the way free of charge.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F

Mattheyu is keeping up the good workMattheyu is keeping up the good work

I just did a TEP replacement for failed keyboards and got a refurb. You can check it's refurb status in the EPST settings. hit ##778# in the dialer, enter your MSL, and it's buried in there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so, i just got a refurb from sprint less than a week ago. when i flip up the screen it feels wably, like its going to break any second, my ol TP did not do this, unacceptable. Hope assurion shows me love tomorrow when i call
Old 06-02-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor

Seriously guys, there are no more problems with refurb phones as there are with new phones. I think this is such a stupid whine.

Furthermore, isn't the broken phone used already?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
Seriously guys, there are no more problems with refurb phones as there are with new phones. I think this is such a stupid whine.

Furthermore, isn't the broken phone used already?
Good point.

So what's the quickest option? Going to the Sprint Store or doing it this way?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro