PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP WM6.1 JOKER ROM
Carrier: Sprint

CaliGrown is keeping up the good workCaliGrown is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliGrown
Multi-Touch?

is multi-touch possible with the touch pro?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Multi-Touch?

short answer? no

Old 04-23-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

i heard windows 7 IS going to have multi touch in bedded into the software. i don't know if the mobile version will have it although. Look up windows 7 on youtube, and click on some of the links of people running its beta version on their PC's. It's REALLY cool!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannay12 View Post
i heard windows 7 IS going to have multi touch in bedded into the software. i don't know if the mobile version will have it although. Look up windows 7 on youtube, and click on some of the links of people running its beta version on their PC's. It's REALLY cool!
there will be NO multitouch on winmo devices in the near future because apple has a patent on multitouch handheld devices....but its being challeged by some company right now, so we'll c

windows 7, certain editions on specific hardware WILL have multitouch...
Old 04-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
short answer? no
Well its not necessarily a no, The area below the touch screen on the touch pro (the home, send, end, and back keys) have been proven to be capable of multi-touch so this could be implemented in some aspect. Also I read an article at some point that mentioned the possibility of creating a psuedo-multi touch by utilizing the fact that when you touch the screen in two places it registers a point in the middle. The idea was to create a program that could recognize this, I do not think anything has really come to fruition on this however.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Well its not necessarily a no, The area below the touch screen on the touch pro (the home, send, end, and back keys) have been proven to be capable of multi-touch so this could be implemented in some aspect. Also I read an article at some point that mentioned the possibility of creating a psuedo-multi touch by utilizing the fact that when you touch the screen in two places it registers a point in the middle. The idea was to create a program that could recognize this, I do not think anything has really come to fruition on this however.
Sure, that's great in theory... but think about it. Draw a point on a piece of paper and then draw a circle evenly distributed around that dot. Any 2 points on opposite sides of that circle would be equidistant from that center point. So although it may sound feasible to calculate the two points you're touching, in reality, the two points could be anywhere in a circle around that center point.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP WM6.1 JOKER ROM
Threadstarter

CaliGrown is keeping up the good workCaliGrown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to CaliGrown

Okay, I know it wasn't put on the T-Mobile G1, but the guys at XDA-Developers got it to work so I didn't know if anyone had hacked it for WinMobile phones yet.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
there will be NO multitouch on winmo devices in the near future because apple has a patent on multitouch handheld devices....but its being challeged by some company right now, so we'll c

windows 7, certain editions on specific hardware WILL have multitouch...
wondering if you can help me out w/ some info. i have heard the same thing about apple and their patent but why is the Zune HD (supposedly going 2 b a little WM7 in its OS) going 2 have multitouch??? obviously noting has been confirmed but all the rumors say captive screen w/ multitouch, just like the rumors about WM7!??!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acontrasto View Post
Sure, that's great in theory... but think about it. Draw a point on a piece of paper and then draw a circle evenly distributed around that dot. Any 2 points on opposite sides of that circle would be equidistant from that center point. So although it may sound feasible to calculate the two points you're touching, in reality, the two points could be anywhere in a circle around that center point.
Well this is not exactly true becuase the phone would recognize the first point that was touched, and when the additional finger was applied the area would be recognized between those two points. Considering the phone would know where the initial point was touched the following point would theoretically have to be across from that point within a certain degree to make the point appear in between the two. I am just saying that it is possible, however as I already stated nothing like this has been successfully created it is easier to wait for winmo7.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

i hear ya heartisall, but the question again is that is multitouch possible on the touch pro, and the answer once again remains no. Im sure the op meant not on the capacitive hard panel, rather the actual pressure sensitive screens.

with the pressure sensitive screens, there will be no multitouch capabilities, a brand new os would have to be developed to take advantage of it and quite frankly, apple and thier jibberish is just too retarded.

ive had this convo with MANY people, and created a thread in the diamond forum when i used to have one...so once again, the answer is NO...lol...blunt but true.....

due to a technicality yes,u can use the capacitive hard panel for multitouch, but theres not much u can do with it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro