PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Brutekiller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
USCC questions

I just picked up a Touch Pro from USCC a few days ago and after running native for a while its time to make this phone actually worth the 600 clams it costs. I’m going to start off with Juicy ROM first but I have a few questions I need answered before I start messing with it.

Is there a way to make a ROM backup of what’s currently on the phone? I have a rep with the local USCC store for heavily modding my last few phones (Moto Q’s) and they tend to run my phones through the mill to make sure its stock before giving me warranty service.

Since the USCC version is pretty new not much info here about them specifically, does anyone know of any issues with the USCC version that I need to watch out for?

As a noob to this phone and all of the ROM’s what would the pro’s here recommend I start with? From all the reading I have done on this site over the last few days Juicy seems to fit my needs of a faster interface with maximum versatility and customization but is there anything I’m missing?

Thanks in advance for the helpful answers!
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: USCC questions

There have already been people flashing there new uscc touch pro's and I haven't heard of any issues. Just make sure you unlock it first. The stock shipped rom is available too, so you can flash back to it if you need to return it or if you don't like any of the custom roms. Here's a link to it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/04jntj...39959_Ship.exe
As far as which custom rom to pick...well, they're all so different. Just depends what you like. It's really easy to flash to a differnt one if you don't like Juicy's, so go ahead and try it. I personally always recommend Mighty's Rom cause i think it's most stable and fast.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

man, razor..u on top of thing...thats whats up..i thanked u for the link for the uscc shipped rom....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
man, razor..u on top of thing...thats whats up..i thanked u for the link for the uscc shipped rom....
Thanks man...but i just got the link from the Stock roms thread. Thanks goes to Conflipper for getting a hold of that and sharing it with us.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When I try to cook a rom for it in the Kitchen.. there is no USCC carrier option!? Or if I use the RUU to flash to Juicy or Mighty Rom, will it keep my carrier info? That was my experience when I flashed to Nuerom3 on my Titan. I just used the RUU to flash the Nuerom3 file and all my USCC stuff kept. I have been searching for specific tutorials on this but thus far these threads are so full of information I've not been able to dig through enough of it to get the exact answer. I'm sure it's there.. just so many threads to pour through to find it... any direct links to what I'm looking for is greatly appreciated! thank you!

Peter
Old 04-19-2009, 01:20 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermg View Post
When I try to cook a rom for it in the Kitchen.. there is no USCC carrier option!? Or if I use the RUU to flash to Juicy or Mighty Rom, will it keep my carrier info? That was my experience when I flashed to Nuerom3 on my Titan. I just used the RUU to flash the Nuerom3 file and all my USCC stuff kept. I have been searching for specific tutorials on this but thus far these threads are so full of information I've not been able to dig through enough of it to get the exact answer. I'm sure it's there.. just so many threads to pour through to find it... any direct links to what I'm looking for is greatly appreciated! thank you!
Peter
Which kitchen are you using? Try a differnt one. Most of the custom roms are multi carrier, so you will not lose anything that can't be easily replaced. Everything should work fine, but if it doesn't, just use this carrier cab for USCC here. http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
Old 04-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: USCC questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Which kitchen are you using? Try a differnt one. Most of the custom roms are multi carrier, so you will not lose anything that can't be easily replaced. Everything should work fine, but if it doesn't, just use this carrier cab for USCC here. http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

Thank you. But first I have to unlock it... you wouldn't happen to have the link handy would you? Like I mentioned I've been searching and reading but thus far it eludes me
Old 04-19-2009, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Use the .37 version
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm..> I actually did see that one but I pa ssed it by since it didn't specify USCC and I wasn't sure about the "others".

Last edited by petermg; 04-20-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

You're welcome. Yea..it's because the USCC touch pro is brand new to the scene and that post hasn't been updated yet. If you have any problems flashing, look in that thread for resolution or post there if you need help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro